• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

COUNT function with Google sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pabbly team,

[1.] I have a complicated workflow to be executed. Wanted to check if Pabbly can do it.

1. Google sheets trigger - on schedule when a new row is created.
2. Check how many times an email ID has appeared in a particular column of the sheet and send the count number back to the dashboard as results.
3. Multiply the number by X
4. Send an email using Gmail.

Step 1, 3 & 4 is possible however I'm confused about how I can get the second step working.
Do I need any steps before or after?

[2.] The count functions from the spreadsheet formulae don't work.

I tried with the example that's been given in your table. They don't generate the correct results. Please check.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 1.13.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 1.13.16 PM.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 1.13.36 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 1.13.36 PM.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 1.18.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 1.18.09 PM.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 69

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pabbly team,

[1.] I have a complicated workflow to be executed. Wanted to check if Pabbly can do it.

1. Google sheets trigger - on schedule when a new row is created.
2. Check how many times an email ID has appeared in a particular column of the sheet and send the count number back to the dashboard as results.
3. Multiply the number by X
4. Send an email using Gmail.

Step 1, 3 & 4 is possible however I'm confused about how I can get the second step working.
Do I need any steps before or after?

[2.] The count functions from the spreadsheet formulae don't work.

I tried with the example that's been given in your table. They don't generate the correct results. Please check.
We are looking into this and will update you shortly.

Supreme

Staff member
We have checked with the technical and unfortunately we won't be able to provide a workaround as of now. In near future, possibly we will be supporting count functions which is needed to full fill your use case of counting a particular text in a particular column.

Thank!

Status
Not open for further replies.