• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Create and Send Invoices to Customers on Google Sheets via Stripe

calvinyoon

I have a google sheets which has the customer's name, email, product, and the cost of the product in my google sheet
On the very right column, I have a checkbox that I'd like to click to have the respective invoice generated and sent to the customer's email

When I try to create invoices for each customer on the list "You can only apply an 'application_fee' when the request is attempting a direct payment on behalf of another account (using an OAuth key or the Stripe-Account header) or destination payment (using `transfer_data[destination]`)." - what does this mean?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @calvinyoon

Could you please share the name of the workflow in which you have faced such an issue and also elaborate on your use case once. So that we can look into it and assist you accordingly.

calvinyoon

The workflow name is "Automate Stripe"

As I mentioned, I have the 5 columns (name, email, product, cost, and checkbox icon).
Each customer has expressed interest in a product (but not paid) so I have written the product and respective cost in the google sheet.
At the click of the checkbox, I want Stripe to create the respective invoices (with the different costs) and send the each invoice to the respective customer.
This way, on the customer side they can just make the payment for the product via the invoice.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @calvinyoon

Currently, you can not use the checkbox field in the triggering column of your Google Sheets. Since it can only take a text field to run your automation.

calvinyoon

But that test passed in Pabbly because the output of a checkbox is "TRUE"

The question I asked was why do I get this message regarding Stripe
"You can only apply an 'application_fee' when the request is attempting a direct payment on behalf of another account (using an OAuth key or the Stripe-Account header) or destination payment (using `transfer_data[destination]`)."

P

PabblyMember3

When you include an application fee amount in the request, Stripe expects that you will be charging a customer on behalf of a connected account. The application fee is the amount that should go to your platform account, as your fee for the service you provide.

Stripe throws this error if it believes that the account being paid is the platform account, and therefore it makes no sense to process a separate application fee to the same account.

The solution is to double check the account you are making payment to is not your platform account, or not include the application fee if the charge is going to your platform.

This is what I got about the application fee amount parameter from the Stripe Create an Invoice API docs: https://stripe.com/docs/api/invoices/create

application_fee_amount (optional):

A fee in cents that will be applied to the invoice and transferred to the application owner’s Stripe account. The request must be made with an OAuth key or the Stripe-Account header in order to take an application fee. For more information, see the application fees documentation.

calvinyoon

Then how can I set my automation to send the following invoices?

For example
CustomerEmailProductCostSend Invoice
Customer A[email protected]Product#1100[X]
Customer B[email protected]Product#250[X]

I'm able to get Stripe to create the customers.

Where I'm stuck is how to set the default Payment Method ID and Default Payment Source ID.
I just want the invoice to be sent to their respective emails so they can manually input their credit card

P

PabblyMember3

As per their documentation and parameter help texts: It must belong to the customer associated with the invoice.

You can get these details using Retrieve Customer by Email action as shown below:

1653654317584.png

I hope you find the above information helpful.

calvinyoon

Yes, this is taking me a little bit closer thank you.

I'm curious why the Default Payment Method is empty for me.

How do we get this field populated?

1653657290729.png