• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Custom Apps - Optional parameters NOT to be added to http request

I am creating a custom app for an API in PC. With the API I am calling, I can add many optional query parameters to different endpoints. The issue I have is that when a parameter is defined, it seems that PC adds it to the http request whether there is data in the parameter or not.

I have tried adding in null and {{skip}} on the default value on the apps backend and also in the front end but the API will not accept the call as there is no data in the parameter. This API works by having any optional parameters NOT in the request.

Is there a way to have a parameter defined in the backend, but if left blank on the front end / no data is entered then it is NOT sent in the API request?

In the images attached, the name field is an optional query parameter. If you want to add to the request then you must add data else you receive an error response, if you do not want to enter a name then the parameter must NOT be in request, it cannot be left blank or null etc. There are other parameters where I need this but this is the simplest parameter to explain as it is just a text field.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 14.23.19.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 14.23.19.png
    98 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 14.23.31.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 14.23.31.png
    235.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 14.27.28.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 14.27.28.png
    187 KB · Views: 64
  • 273503200_669622631048627_7581697573847380884_n.png
    273503200_669622631048627_7581697573847380884_n.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 273675044_5004536149604741_1710394753538844481_n.png
    273675044_5004536149604741_1710394753538844481_n.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 76
P

PabblyMember3

If you want to pass NOT as a default value for the name field configuration. Also, ensure that, you are using an appropriate Request Body Type for your API request, if you have a query string parameter supported API then, the Request Body Type must be either X-Url-Encoded-Form-Data or Form-Data instead of JSON.

You can also refer our Advanced Built-in Functions here: https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/advanced-builtin-functions.2431/ that can be used as default value for any parameter.

@Naveen thanks for this. the {{pc_skip_field}} is what i needed to get it working.

How would I have a list of dropdowns where there is a {{pc_skip_field}} as default (so no data or parameter sent in request) and then if 1 of the dropdowns is selected it sends that data.

I can't see how I can have a dropdown list without having send data as default. Below image is what i am trying to achieve but not having to have a skip field option.

1644828879943.png

P

PabblyMember3

@Naveen thanks for this. the {{pc_skip_field}} is what i needed to get it working.

How would I have a list of dropdowns where there is a {{pc_skip_field}} as default (so no data or parameter sent in request) and then if 1 of the dropdowns is selected it sends that data.

I can't see how I can have a dropdown list without having send data as default. Below image is what i am trying to achieve but not having to have a skip field option.

View attachment 7821
The advanced functions will not be supported in the dropdown fields, you need to pass at least one default value for the dropdown field.

The advanced functions will not be supported in the dropdown fields, you need to pass at least one default value for the dropdown field.

Ahh ok, thanks. So there is no way to have dropdown fields that are optionally sent on the request? If I have dropdowns then the parameter will always be sent?

P

PabblyMember3

Ahh ok, thanks. So there is no way to have dropdown fields that are optionally sent on the request? If I have dropdowns then the parameter will always be sent?
Yes, for now dropdown field option not support the pc_skip_field or any other advanced function.

Yes, for now dropdown field option not support the pc_skip_field or any other advanced function.
ok cool. Thanks Naveen - are there any plans to build this functionality in, in the immediate future?

It would be very useful firstly for me and the api I am using, and for others as they may be able to rewrite their app integrations to provide hardcoded allowed values and may reduce server load due to erroneous api calls

P

PabblyMember3

ok cool. Thanks Naveen - are there any plans to build this functionality in, in the immediate future?

It would be very useful firstly for me and the api I am using, and for others as they may be able to rewrite their app integrations to provide hardcoded allowed values and may reduce server load due to erroneous api calls
I have got your concern but we haven't planned yet as we haven't received such requirements from any other developer or user. You can post your core feature request at https://pabbly.hellonext.co/b/Feature-Request. If we get some upvotes there, then we can go ahead with that.

I have got your concern but we haven't planned yet as we haven't received such requirements from any other developer or user. You can post your core feature request at https://pabbly.hellonext.co/b/Feature-Request. If we get some upvotes there, then we can go ahead with that.
Thanks @Naveen .

I won't make a feature request though as I dont feel that it is really being followed properly. There are a few things that are the top voted 8n their category that have had no updates from Pabbly, requests with far fewer votes being implemented before requests with higher votes, brand new apps (from Appsumo etc) being implemented before older apps (or apps with lacking features) with votes etc

If as you say there have been no other requests for this, then as it's for custom app, the audience is going to be very limited so it won't get the traction/votes needed to catch the attention of the people who decide what features etc to implement.

I'll just keep the app private and work around the bugs and things I cannot do by using other platforms.

Thanks for your help with all the above though, learnt a couple of extra things that will come in handy

@gleeballs I see and can understand your concern. but what I noticed aswell is that not all requests are updated by Pabbly team. For instance https://pabbly.hellonext.co/b/Updat...p/wa-api-94f6e85b-ed8f-4aad-8f4d-31f80f61d6d5 is already published.

Next to that, since some integrations are done and maintained by other developers who have no access to the roadmap it's inevitable that the roadmap is not up to date.
Totally get you. This is my point, the Pabbly team say to use the roadmap and make a request but there are no updates, minimal communication, requests get implemented it seems at random and requests that the community ask for and proven shown with votes are not acknowledged / implemented.

I understand that all requests may not be easy implementations and may take a while and extra work, but updates and communication would help alleviate concerns.

https://pabbly.hellonext.co/b/Updat...rom-active-campaign-to-manychat-and-viceversa has 1 vote and is already under review (whether this is the latest status or not who knows as last comment was 8 months ago) where as there are many requests when sorted by top that have loads of votes and comments and still in open status.

Perhaps the roadmap is deprecated and the team just decide what to integrate when they have their meetings.