• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Dropbox: New File >> ShortPixel: Optimize Image >> Dropbox: Upload File

Praveen

I am trying to setup the following workflow:

1. When a New File is added to a Dropbox folder (/ShortPixel)
2. The New File is optimized by ShortPixel
3. Optimized File is added to a different Dropbox folder (/Optimized)

I am having trouble figuring out how to pass the optimized image from ShortPixel to the Dropbox Upload File action:

1645326117450.png

Praveen

@Supreme Please read my question carefully. I didn’t ask how to upload a file to dropbox.

This was the issue:
I am having trouble figuring out how to pass the optimized image from ShortPixel to the Dropbox Upload File action.

ShortPixel action result doesn’t have a URL to use for uploading file to Dropbox. Please check the screenshot in the 1st post.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Praveen

Since the screenshot doesn't show any mapped data in the Dropbox action step and so we have suggested the video tutorial on how to pass the file to upload on Dropbox.

Further regarding your concern on how to pass the optimized image from ShortPixel to the Dropbox Upload File action.

So, here is the workflow where you can check the same. Kindly check that out and let us know if you get stuck at any step.

Hermes

The problem is that the image is scheduled for processing.
Please find enclosed a short video of how I solved it.
I think lossless compression is faster, so you get faster response.
But maybe you can add a wait in between but i solved it with "Devault value"

If the image is not optimised, then save the unoptimised otherwise save the optimised.

Praveen

@Supreme Thanks for your response but you are not understanding the problem.

As @Hermes said, the problem is that the image is scheduled for processing for my case (see the screenshot in my 1st post) and the result does not have a URL that I can pass to the Dropbox Upload File action.

Your suggestion (below screenshot from the workflow you shared) is to pass the original Dropbox URL back in to the Dropbox Upload File action. This will not give me the optimized image from ShortPixel. I need to select one of the shortpixel.com URLs (Yellow arrows) to get the optimized image. But thank you for sharing the workflow with me. From it, I figured out that if I map the "Res3 Shareable Link" from the Dropbox trigger to the ShortPixel action, the image is optimized by ShortPixel instead of getting the result "Image scheduled for processing" that can't be passed to the next step.

1645542729735.png

@Hermes Thank you for the screen recording. It was also helpful for me to figure out the solution. A delay should not be needed because the next action will wait for up to 5 min according to what is stated in the Dropbox action field:

1645544440388.png