• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Find or Create Person not working correctly

Mattia

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjIwNTZmMDYzNjA0M2Q1MjZhNTUzNDUxMzY1MTY0NTQzMiI_3D_pc
Hello,

It seems like the Pipedrive "Find Or Create Person" is not working as expected.
Even if an user is present and detected by an unique email, a new person is created every time causing an huge amount of duplicated contacts.
Here a couple of screens

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-16 alle 21.31.02.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-16 alle 21.31.02.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2023-11-16 alle 21.30.41.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-16 alle 21.30.41.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2023-11-16 alle 21.29.53.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-16 alle 21.29.53.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 34

Supreme

Staff member
The best you can use in your workflow is a router action step where you can create routes where you can create 2 routes whereas in the first route, you can create a person and add the person accordingly if the person is not available via "PipeDrive: Find Person" action step on another route you can simply assign the corresponding details accordingly.

1700284424934.png

The Filter condition which you can use -

1700284447259.png

For a better understanding of the router step you can refer to the following video -

Mattia

I tried this way but that's not a viable solution.

When using the Router I have to map a field that exist in the find person action in any case (person exists or not exists).

The response of the action shows a very different data set in each case, this way the iterator will not work because there are not common fields in the two responses.

Also Filter is not a possible way for the same reason.

I attach a couple of screens.

As you can see the response data set is very different.

In you example you're using "Name" field. But this field will appears only if Person is present, if not the field could not be mapped by fileter or iterator action and results in an error in the workflow.

The stragest thing is that the very same action is working correctly with Organizations (Action Find or create organization).
I'm totally sure that there is a bug in Pabbly in the Find or create person action. I tried to fix this in every possible way: with filters, Iterators, Default values in Text Formatter. Every possible thing, BUT the issue is that if an action response show different data sets, any field mapping will fail.

If not clear I will provide you a video.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-18 alle 22.58.58.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-18 alle 22.58.58.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2023-11-18 alle 22.58.05.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-18 alle 22.58.05.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
he stragest thing is that the very same action is working correctly with Organizations (Action Find or create organization).
I'm totally sure that there is a bug in Pabbly in the Find or create person action. I tried to fix this in every possible way: with filters, Iterators, Default values in Text Formatter. Every possible thing, BUT the issue is that if an action response show different data sets, any field mapping will fail.
As we can see from the Pipedrive action steps to Find or Create a Person, if there is a person exists it shows the Id in different Res and if the person is now available the action event passes in different Res which is why the person Id got lost in some execution.

So, we would recommend you use the Router action step if the person exists and if the person doesn't exist you can set the individual route.

1700478582850.png

Yes, we are experiencing the same technical issue that Mattia. It seems that there is a problem in the Pabbly command "Find or Create a Person" in Pipedrive. Could you check it please?

Supreme

Staff member
When using Pipedrive to Find or Create a Person, sometimes the system shows the person's ID in a different result when the person already exists. However, if the person isn't available, the action event might pass through a different result, causing the person's ID to be lost during certain executions.

To address this issue, we strongly recommend utilizing the Router action step. By doing so, you can set up a route for situations where the person exists, and alternatively, establish an individual route for scenarios where the person doesn't exist.

You can refer to the following video lesson on the Router action step to create the Routes to Create the Person or Update the Person as per the requirement.