• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Get the wrong data from payment form Pabbly Subscription for returned customer

jer3

Hello regarding our previous case, i still cannot get "Name" data from payment form, which produce different result and generate existing customer name instead the name that customer fill in the payment form

it happen when customer get into pabbly in ke 2nd, 3rd times etc..

Please recheck, this is not cookie issue, I've test different browser

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @jer3

Sorry for the inconvenience but the video which you have sent to us is stuck halfway and we couldn't get anything. So could you please share your concern again? Though we checked your workflow "Trident" and the data is coming in the correct manner with the name.

2021-07-22_17h20_38.png

jer3

Ok let me rewrite for you

The problem came when you register with existing customer
for example above, the user make 1st payment filling:
1. First name: "gea"
2. Last Name: "cans"
3. Email: "[email protected]"

Then Pabbly Connect receive

Whoala!
In this step, all going smoothly.

gea cans is registered as customer in Pabbly Subscription.

Im happy

You happy

Pabbly Connect amazing!

Happy Ending.

Then,

gea cans purchase another product

When fill 2nd payment, gea cans fill different name but with same email (in case the person typo or something about their name)

1. First name: "Ghea"
2. Last Name: "Flo"

Then Pabbly Connect receive

I think there are something wrong in this step.
In 2nd step, i need the customer payment data, not the existing customer data

I don't know why, but pabbly connect failed capture data from new data from 2nd transaction, 3rd etc, only can get the customer data instead basic information data in the checkout page

Please do retest 2x times with same credential

You will find the problem
Is this explanation more helpful?

1626958006386.png
1626957924241.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @jer3

Thanks for your reply, we are currently looking into your concern, we will get back to you with an update shortly.

S

Sonam

Hi Jeremy,
We would like to let you know that customer data in Pabbly is maintained through an email address so a unique customer can have different subscriptions along with various sales associated with a registered email. The details on the above-mentioned case are the same due to the email address. So, in such a case if you are looking to fetch the updated customer name then as a merchant you'll be required to edit the customer name manually from the backend -
1627043407708.png

To understand this more properly, please refer to the below example -
============================================
Suppose Plan A is purchased using the email - [email protected] by the name of Customer 1. Similarly, Plan B is purchased using the same email but this time by the name of Customer 2. This activity took place in May 2020 & the merchant accessed the data in May 2021. So, the system will then show the latest data by the new customer name i.e. Customer 2 but the last sent invoice was in the name of Customer 1 since that time only a single name was associated with this email - [email protected].
Hence, the new data will reflect the new customer name & the old initial invoice will show the old customer name which is confusing.

A similar case is with the tax system, For eg: -
User purchased = Plan 1 with 10% tax which was levied on Region 1 (Using email [email protected])
Again, Purchased = Plan 2 this time using the same email with Region 2 on which no tax rule has been created in the system.
So, the tax will not work in the case of Plan 1 because the user data will be modified as per Plan 2 credentials. Hence, if we allow this setting then it will create confusion later on.

Therefore, to avoid such a scenario, each customer record is identified with a unique name & email address. So, we request you to please manage this as per the system framework as it'll also minimize your hassle of maintaining the unique customer data.

Hope this helps!

jer3

Hi Jeremy,
We would like to let you know that customer data in Pabbly is maintained through an email address so a unique customer can have different subscriptions along with various sales associated with a registered email. The details on the above-mentioned case are the same due to the email address. So, in such a case if you are looking to fetch the updated customer name then as a merchant you'll be required to edit the customer name manually from the backend -
View attachment 2384

To understand this more properly, please refer to the below example -
============================================
Suppose Plan A is purchased using the email - [email protected] by the name of Customer 1. Similarly, Plan B is purchased using the same email but this time by the name of Customer 2. This activity took place in May 2020 & the merchant accessed the data in May 2021. So, the system will then show the latest data by the new customer name i.e. Customer 2 but the last sent invoice was in the name of Customer 1 since that time only a single name was associated with this email - [email protected].
Hence, the new data will reflect the new customer name & the old initial invoice will show the old customer name which is confusing.

A similar case is with the tax system, For eg: -
User purchased = Plan 1 with 10% tax which was levied on Region 1 (Using email [email protected])
Again, Purchased = Plan 2 this time using the same email with Region 2 on which no tax rule has been created in the system.
So, the tax will not work in the case of Plan 1 because the user data will be modified as per Plan 2 credentials. Hence, if we allow this setting then it will create confusion later on.

Therefore, to avoid such a scenario, each customer record is identified with a unique name & email address. So, we request you to please manage this as per the system framework as it'll also minimize your hassle of maintaining the unique customer data.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for explain

In this case i just need at least the latest name from last transaction get noted so if i track back and want to check each customer record, i can check easily.

S

Sonam

Thank you for explain

In this case i just need at least the latest name from last transaction get noted so if i track back and want to check each customer record, i can check easily.
Can we get on a call to discuss this in a sorted manner for you?

S

Sonam

Hi Jeremy,
It seems you are unavailable right now, can we line up the call for tomorrow? Please help me with your availability so we'll arrange the call accordingly.