• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Add Multiple Rows Comma Separated Values Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensum

I'm adding multiple rows to my google sheet, but when the content that is being mapped has a comma it gets split. In my example, result 47 should all go in one cell, but it gets split into two cells instead. See pic two of how it got split in google sheets. Please fix.

1723599849922.png

1723600019064.png

My flow url is https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjU3NjUwNTY0MDYzNTA0MzE1MjY0NTUzNDUxMzci_pc

Thanks in advance

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Sensum

If you need to add complete data to a single new row in Google Sheets, consider using the "Add New Row" action step rather than the "Add Multiple Rows" action step. The latter will create a new row for each comma-separated value.

(Watch the second part of the video)

Sensum

I understand what you are telling me. The issue is that I need to add several rows from the data I'm receiving from OpenAI's assistant. I'm receiving 10 rows everytime and the best way I found was to use the "Add Multiple Rows" action step. If there is another one that can help me add multiple rows at once, I'll give it a try. Otherwise, I think it would be best to make sure the comma separated values can be separated by a different symbol to avoid issues like this one.

Sensum

I'm thinking I could use the iterator action step but first I need to convert the retrieved message into a json. Maybe you can help me with that.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
We have a workaround related to your concern where we have found a lookalike of a comma symbol which you can use to replace in your string.

Single Low-9 Quotation Mark (‚): This character resembles a comma but is oriented differently.

You can use the 'Replace Text' action step to replace the comma with this lookalike symbol, and then map the result of this step to the Google Sheets action step.
1723681018236.png

Sensum

There must be something else I can do besides what you are suggesting. The issue with what you suggest is that I cannot use the text later on with openai because it will not understand the comma. I want to know how to use the iterator with openai. Do you know how? What I have tried so far is to ask my openai assistant to give me the response in json format, then I extract the json pattern, and try to feed it into the iterator so it can copy each to google sheets, but iterator does not show anything in the array. I think it's because the extract pattern is not feeding the json into iterator correctly. Anyway, you are the experts, so please advice.

1723755605082.png

1723755681192.png

1723755732095.png

1723755630343.png

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I assume you are planning to use the Iterator along with the 'Add New Row' action event to add each row individually. Please note that this approach would be very inefficient in terms of task consumption, as it will consume one task for each added row.

Are you planning to use the data you add to your Google Sheets spreadsheet in OpenAI somewhere else, like in another workflow?

If by "later on" you mean that you will use OpenAI in this very workflow, then you can simply map the unaltered string to OpenAI directly from the 'Split Text' step. The string containing the lookalike comma should only be used in the Google Sheets action step.

Sensum

I'm planning on using the data in another workflow to create images with openai and designs with canva for each created row in this workflow. Maybe I can pass on the data from iterator into openai and canva to create those images and designs and then paste the final results in google sheets. Google sheets is acting as my database.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I'm planning on using the data in another workflow to create images with openai and designs with canva for each created row in this workflow. Maybe I can pass on the data from iterator into openai and canva to create those images and designs and then paste the final results in google sheets. Google sheets is acting as my database.
In the other workflow, you can change the look-alike symbol back to a comma using Text Formatter and pass the result to OpenAI and Canva.
1723913546123.png

Sensum

Thank you for your replies, but I think I'm going to stick to what I created because it gives me flexibility to create any number of openai results and not have to worry about mapping each or changing the number mapped every time. I realized Iterator can just go through whatever the number of text results from openai, which is better than setting a limit of 10. Thank you very much for your help though. I figured it out faster thanks to your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.