• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Gravity Forms to Google Sheets Help

jodzeee

I have a few issues when I connect Gravity Forms.

1. The fields only show the ID, not the form label, making it very difficult to map the fields to my worksheet
  2. I need to add all checkbox items to one cell in my worksheet. If I map each one individually with commas, there will be extra commas for unticked boxes
  3. Same for products - I'm using my form to sell products and there's no field that shows all products purchased in one field
  4. I also can't find a field to show the total purchase price / amount due
Please let me know if any of this is possible or if I'm just missing something. I'm used to using Zapier, so maybe I'm just confused on how to do it with Pabbly Connect.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @jodzeee

Since the Gravity Form trigger event is a webhook-based trigger that can only receive the data from the application.

So, if you are getting the data in different labels then it is possible that Gravity Form itself is sending the data in such a format.

1. Same for products - I'm using my form to sell products and there's no field that shows all products purchased in one field
  2. I also can't find a field to show the total purchase price / amount due
Further, I am sorry to say that this doesn't seem possible.

jodzeee

Is there something that can be updated on your end with the webhook? The information is obviously there - in Gravity Forms, I can export it to a spreadsheet and also Zapier has access to the data.

I was able to manually add the data from the Webhook screen in Gravity Forms (screenshot below). This allowed me to create my own labels since Pabbly doesn't pull them and to choose from a lot more values than Pabbly grabs, including the selected checkboxes listed as a comma-separated string.

So the data is there, but something on Pabbly's end is not pulling it correctly. Can this be fixed? It was a lot of work since I have nearly 30 fields.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
The webhook trigger used in Gravity Forms is descriptive-based and captures whatever data the application is sending. We do not have any control over the data that Gravity Forms sends to Pabbly Connect; therefore, we cannot make any changes from our end which could fetch your desired data.

I need to add all checkbox items to one cell in my worksheet. If I map each one individually with commas, there will be extra commas for unticked boxes
To achieve this, you can try disabling the 'Simple Response' and capturing the form response in an array format. However, please note that doing this may or may not provide the response in an array format. If you still receive a simple response even after disabling the 'Simple Response' button, then I'm afraid this use case is not possible.
1693567671020.png

If you receive a response in an array format, you can use the Line Itemizer to extract comma-separated values, which can then be mapped to Google Sheets.

jodzeee

I had previously looked at that option before posting, but I wasn't able to get any useful data by disabling the Simple Response. However, by manually choosing the data within Gravity Forms, I can do it (see previous screenshot I sent). As I said - the data is there, I'm just not sure why Pabbly isn't showing it. Could you work with the developers at Gravity Forms to resolve it?

jodzeee

I reached out to Gravity Forms and was told:

Pabbly is most likely polling the REST API v2 entries endpoint, which simply returns the raw entry data from the database. Zapier doesn’t do that, it relies on the Zapier add-on to send the data to one of their webhooks. The add-on formats the data before it sent.

They do have filters to modify the data, but I'm not much of a coder so wouldn't be able to achieve it that way!

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
We have contacted Gravity Forms development team from our end and will get back to you if we find any solutions for this.