• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How can I create new spreadsheet in Google Sheets from model ?

Carlos Melo

Hello guys,

I need to create a new spreadsheet from a pre-existing template.
It is possible ?
I only see the option to "create a spreadsheet" with the Google Sheet step in Pabbly, but I don't see the option to create from a template spreadsheet, as we can do with Google Docs, which allows us to create new documents from of a template document.

The "Create a spreadsheet" option doesn't suit me because I need a template with a predefined header, in which I would send the data that will come from the JotForm.
Or is there any way I can create the header in the new spreadsheet using this option ?

So I need some orientation about this, please.

Thanks,
Carlos Melo.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Carlos Melo

It is possible ?
I only see the option to "create a spreadsheet" with the Google Sheet step in Pabbly, but I don't see the option to create from a template spreadsheet, as we can do with Google Docs, which allows us to create new documents from of a template document.
I am afraid that is not possible to create the sheet from a template or to add/update the columns.

Fagun Shah

Hello guys,

I need to create a new spreadsheet from a pre-existing template.
It is possible ?

The "Create a spreadsheet" option doesn't suit me because I need a template with a predefined header, in which I would send the data that will come from the JotForm.
Or is there any way I can create the header in the new spreadsheet using this option ?

So I need some orientation about this, please.

Thanks,
Carlos Melo.
You can use Gdrive action for Copy a File

Carlos Melo

Ok, this is the solution I got:

1. Email Parser: receives data from JotForm
2. Google Drive: copies the template file with the new name got in step 1.
3. Google Sheet > Add New Row: insert the file ID you got on step 2 by maping it in Select Spreadsheet field

Screenshot at Apr 30 08-27-58.png

4. Fill all columns with the data formatted in step 1.

Now every time a new form is submitted I get a new spreadsheet with the data allocated according to the header of the model worksheet.