• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to Create a New Pin on a New Board [Google Sheets to Pinterest]

KaizenSEO

Hi,

I try to post from Google Sheets to Pinterest and I would like to first create a New Board if yet not existing (pulling the name from a specific column) and then create a new Pin to this board with the rest of the information like title, image URL, and description.

How can this be done? Do I add an additional step "Create Board" first and then "Create Pin"? How do I make sure that it takes the board that already exists if it has the same name?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @KaizenSEO,

You can achieve this use case by adding a router to your workflow with two routes. Route 1 will be to create pins in existing boards, while Route 2 will be to create a board and then create a pin on that board.
1694067994088.png

1694067821933.png

1694067945515.png

KaizenSEO

Thank you very much! I've set up the router now and it created one board but after that nothing more happened. No Pins were created and if I entered a non-existing Board name into the spreadsheet it didn't create a new board.

Just a question to understand how it checks for new rows inside the google sheets: Does it count to the last row f.e. if I filled up to the 4th row, do I need to start filling from the 5th row or is it possible to delete the old data and start in the second row? (Especially for the testing phase)

I will post the screenshots of the whole workflow. Maybe this helps to find the issue here:

1694101304655.png

1694101380821.png

1694101405716.png

And the two router options look like this:

1694101473415.png

Second router (new board):

1694101549664.png

1694101576268.png

Would really appreciate the help.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
In the 'Pinterest: Get Board' action step, you are supposed to map the Board ID instead of the name of the board. You can find the Board ID associated with each of your boards by enabling the mapping button.

For your use case to work, you need to get these Board IDs from your Google Sheets spreadsheets.

KaizenSEO

In the 'Pinterest: Get Board' action step, you are supposed to map the Board ID instead of the name of the board. You can find the Board ID associated with each of your boards by enabling the mapping button.

For your use case to work, you need to get these Board IDs from your Google Sheets spreadsheets.

Well, that is the problem. This must be dynamic as I don't know the board ID yet.

I don't want to use any random board. Rather I want to create a new board or use an existing board if there already exists a board with the same name. The Name for the board should be pulled from column A in the Google spreadsheet.

That's why I created the router in the 3rd step to either use an existing board or create a new board.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
There is a workaround for this, but it requires you to create a new spreadsheet and manually enter the Board Name along with its Board ID.

Afterward, you can use the 'Lookup spreadsheet' function to retrieve the Board ID associated with the Board Name.

Once you obtain the Board ID from the 'Lookup' step, you can then map that ID to the 'Pinterest: Get Board' action step.