• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to make a numbered list un-numbered?

Pabblynaut

I get some external data into Pabbly that looks similar to this:
  1. Bob
  2. Karen
  3. Rob
  4. Hans
  5. Robert
  6. Hans
  7. Elsa
  8. Peter
  9. Bjorn
  10. Nina
How can I get Pabbly to instead format it like this:
Bob
Karen
Rob
Hans
Robert
Hans
Elsa
Peter
Bjorn
Nina

Also, the number of lines varies, so one input could have 7 rows, and one could have 23.

Any help is appreciated!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Pabblynaut

Currently, there is no dedicated action event available to convert the line item numbering to plain text in every new line.

Though you can try the "Text Formatter by Pabbly: Extract Pattern" action step to extract the desired data with the help of a certain regex which is available online.

2022-11-03_13h07_44.png

Supreme

Staff member
Any solution that works is fine with me, but what kind of regex and where do I put it, I wonder :)
You simply need to pass the regex in the Pattern fields which you can search online and pass the content from where you want to extract the data.

Pabblynaut

I don't know anything about Regex, but I managed to make this work inside Google Sheets by using this formula:
Code:
=REGEXREPLACE(REGEXREPLACE(REGEXREPLACE(REGEXREPLACE(REGEXREPLACE(REGEXREPLACE(REGEXREPLACE(REGEXREPLACE(REGEXREPLACE(REGEXREPLACE(F3,"9. ",""),"8. ",""),"7. ",""),"6. ",""),"5. ",""),"4. ",""),"3. ",""),"2. ",""),"1. ",""),"10. ","")

But this only works inside Google Sheet, and not when I paste it into "Pattern" inside the Pabbly text formatter. Any advice on how to use it also there is highly appreciated!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Pabblynaut

I am afraid to say that there is no other possibility to convert the numbered row into a non-numbered one with the Text Formatter action step.

Hey @Pabblynaut

Currently, there is no dedicated action event available to convert the line item numbering to plain text in every new line.

Though you can try the "Text Formatter by Pabbly: Extract Pattern" action step to extract the desired data with the help of a certain regex which is available online.

View attachment 17469
Can you please check if this regex work ^\d+\.\s

If works please let me know.