• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Is it possible, to map HubSpot Contact ID, if contact already exists?

Hello, my workflow is working as expected, but I have a question for a specific case.

It happened a few times already, that a contact already exists, but I still want it to create a deal so I just enabled "Ignore Error" - and now I hope that the Deal will still get created even if the contact step failed.
For Step 5: "Add Contact to Deal"
Is it possible to add the exisiting Contact ID in case when Step 2: "Create a Contact" failed because the contact already exists?
Since pabbly knows the already existing ID as shown here

pabbly.JPG

Usually the ID would be added in this step, but when the contact already exists it says "ID: No Data", but since pabbly knows the Existing ID, is there a way to add the ID in case it already exists?
1695904082631.png

Attachments

• pabbly.JPG
    pabbly.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 1695903938839.png
    1695903938839.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 1695903977159.png
    1695903977159.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 40

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @nxfmarketing,

The use case you are describing is possible. To achieve this use case, you need to use the 'Search a Contact' action step along with a Router that has two routes. Route 1 could be for existing contacts, while Route 2 could be set up for contacts that do not already exist

Although not quite the same, you can get an understanding of the logic through this video.