• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Javascript

May I know do you guys have a timeline to add an ability to input your own javascript just like (code or node.js function in zapier)? Thanks! I think this will be very crucial unless there is a workaround currently available.

Fagun Shah

May I know do you guys have a timeline to add an ability to input your own javascript just like (code or node.js function in zapier)? Thanks! I think this will be very crucial unless there is a workaround currently available.
Check this -

Jan

You can check the Pabbly Connect Roadmap here - https://pabbly.hellonext.co/

If you want to request for building any core features, you can send the request here and upvote it - https://pabbly.hellonext.co/b/Feature-Request

Seriously: The JavaScript function makes little sense without that feature. I added a core feature request for it and hope you will add this very soon. Thanks.

Here is the featur request for others to support it: https://pabbly.hellonext.co/p/javascript-needs-input-variables

Jan

Thanks for your reply! I tried this by just adding the values in quotation marks right in the code. But I got a syntax error. Now I tried again and the error is gone.

Maybe I got the syntax error because there was a " in the value itself. Can I encode that to avoid that error?

Fagun Shah

Thanks for your reply! I tried this by just adding the values in quotation marks right in the code. But I got a syntax error. Now I tried again and the error is gone.

Maybe I got the syntax error because there was a " in the value itself. Can I encode that to avoid that error?
Let me tag their team @Supreme

Supreme

Staff member
Please let us know the workflow name and the action step in which you have tried the same.

Jan

Hi @Supreme!

This is the JS-solution I mentioned in the other thread seconds ago. :)

The question is:
Is there a *safe* way to transfer input to JavaScript. Right now I have to drop it into the JS code directly - which will cause a syntax error if it contains a " in my case. (Or an ' in other cases.) I could add another function before to escape these special characters. But maybe there is a more elegant way for that.

Maybe something like this in JS:
let twitterhandle = pabblyinput[0];
let hashtags = pabblyinput[1];
let othervalue = pabblyinput[2];

Worksflow is "BC Liste: Neuer Eintrag", Step 5 "Add to suggested Tweet".

Right now it is running. But I wonder if there is a better solution for this.

Jan

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Jan

As a workaround to remove the error from you the JS code action step you can use the "Text Formatter: Replace Text" action step to replace the double quotes with single quotes.

2023-02-02_17h48_37.png

Jan

Hi @Supreme!

I understand. But I need this code three times (later four times) in my workflow. Each time I need two or three variables. That will add about ten extra steps to my flow which could be avoided... And this is just a very simple use case for the JS code. It could be much worse...

Jan