• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Linebreaks being stripped from API request.

apps

Your Task History ID
IjU3NmQwNTZmMDYzZjA0MzQ1MjZjNTUzMTUxM2E1MTY1NTQzNiI_3D_pc
Hi,
Please check this video. I have an issue with the text not being sent with linebreak. Pabbly strips them away in my markdown.

How can I fix this.
I am replacing <br> with \n in my markdown convert sequence (Pabbly's own HTML to markdown converter is broken as previously reported).

1720034074442.png

Target app (parallel). The output is fine when I insert the markdown manually but when I sent it using Pabbly alle linebreaks are removed.

1720034090373.png

Check this flow please:

And check step 11-18 where I convert the html to markdown and 21 when I submit the output via the API.

The target app receives the data without linebreaks so it looks bad

How can I fix this.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

All the best

Anders

apps

Hi @ArshilAhmad , as explained in my post I replaced the <br> with \n already. I does not work.
And I need to send Markdown to my target app (Onparallel). It does not support HTML - so if I send <br> to it inside the Markdown it simply writes <br> in the code.

How can I fix this?

And when will you fix your broken HTML to Markdown converter?

apps

If Pabbly's HTML to Markdown converter worked that would be great. Because then I wouldn't have to do the conversion manually using multiple text replacement steps as I do. Please check out the flow.

Subin

Staff member
Hey @apps !

Kindly use "Code by Pabbly" once and check if this can work for you to add \n along with your content to the application in which you want the output correctly.

You can check on this video tutorial on how "Code by Pabbly" works-

Do check and let us know about it.

Subin

Staff member
Hey @apps !

Can you provide us with screenshots on how it shows on your Parallel when done manually and when done through automation?-

1720096274998.png

So we can compare it once and provide you with a workaround on this.

apps

This is how it looks when i paste the result manually when the <br> have been replaced with a linebreak made using a texteditor
1720125653713.png

This is how the same looks when the same replacement have happened it Pabbly AND it is sent through Pabbly's API Action. The text is fine after the text replacement of <br> with a linebreak (\n) in Pabbly. It is when it is sent through your API action those linebreaks are stripped away.

It should be quite clear why this output is un-useable these linebreaks are stripped away...

1720125874493.png

P.S. Ignore the <h5> tags etc.

Subin

Staff member
Hey @apps !

Checking upon your whole workflow, we cannot see that you have used the response of step 11 in step 21 to pass the correct data to your Parellel applications-

1720165254790.png

1720165333581.png

Do use the response from 11th step in 21st step and check if you are getting the correct structure or not.