• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

• Please note that the team will not be available on 7th September 2024, due to a public holiday in India.

During this period, support assistance may experience some delays.

Merge fields stripped from Google Slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcgreman

When I run Google Slides : Create Presentation From Template all of the unused {{merge fields}} are being stripped out from the newly created google slides file. The text boxes are still there, just no more curly brackets or what was between them. If I do pass something to a merge field it populates just fine. The module says "Leave blank to ignore this Field" and i have confirmed that appear to be blank. Please help me leave unused merge fields in place as my workflow utilizes them later in another future step.

Attachments

• Before.png
    Before.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 20
  • After.png
    After.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Response.png
    Response.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 22

jcgreman

Hi @jcgreman,

Please try using something like square brackets instead of curly brackets and see if that fixes your issue.
But i need the curly brackets so it can be seen as a merge field. Square brackets don't get recognized by pabbly connect as a field. I have successfully has PC and Zap ignore blank fields in the past but for some reason blank fields are being updated with a null value as show in the results. This is breaking my application.

jcgreman

I went with a work around which was passing back the original {{mergevariable}} in the create from template work flow. Its was more work but seems bullet proof

Status
Not open for further replies.