• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Question about how Iterator will act in the following situation

greco26

I have a get request and most of the time the data is returned in an array so in the next step Iterator does its job and parses out the array. That part is perfect. What happens though when the get request only returns 1 record and is not an array? I assume Iterator will not do anything since the data is not an array. Does the whole workflow then stop since nothing can get past Iterator in this example? Is there a way to get around this situation?

Thanks!

Tim

Fagun Shah

Yes, the whole workflow will stop if iterator doesn't get the array.

Is there any other information coming in as well e.g. Result Count or something similar?

greco26

Yes, the whole workflow will stop if iterator doesn't get the array.

Is there any other information coming in as well e.g. Result Count or something similar?
Hi Fagun, thanks for your response. Result count from the Iterator step or from the get request? Unfortunately there is no response from the Iterator step since it won’t even run but for the get request, there is no result count field. Just a field for each key and its value from the get request.

Fagun Shah

GET request response. Iterator step won't be showed in history and won't execute if it doesn't get the array from above steps.

greco26

GET request response. Iterator step won't be showed in history and won't execute if it doesn't get the array from above steps.
No, there is no result count field from the api get request response. Just a field for each key and its value from the get request. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_0739.png
    IMG_0739.png
    339.3 KB · Views: 40

Fagun Shah

No, there is no result count field from the api get request response. Just a field for each key and its value from the get request. I’ve attached a screenshot.
That is bad API practice, you need to contact action app developer, not a pabbly connect issue.

greco26

Yea, bummer. I'm wondering if there is a way for me to have a validation step which checks if the reply from the API is an array (like =ISARRAY() ) then use a router to determine next step. If array, then go to Iterator, if not array then continue. Not sure if this would work under the Pabbly Numbers tool but I can't think of anything else.