• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Reply on any new comment on youtube

romanos8

Is there a method to reply any new comment in any video in my youtube channel ? the videos tutorial I think show only reply on a specific videos or specific users comments. I need to know this before purchase a plan.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @romanos8,

Currently, you can only reply to comments on a specific video of your channel in a single workflow. For each new video, you will need to create a different workflow to automatically reply to comments on that video.

avi917

Hi @romanos8,

Currently, you can only reply to comments on a specific video of your channel in a single workflow. For each new video, you will need to create a different workflow to automatically reply to comments on that video.
i dont think its true, unless i dont understand something
I built a workflow with a trigger of when a youtube comment is posted on any video on the channel..
and when im running it by hand (sending test requests), it works.. and thats why im here - now that i have deployed it, it doesnt work.

i commented on my channel (from another channel), and an hour has past since then, while the trigger says it runs once in 10 minutes, but in the workflow history doesnt look like the trigger was executed.

Help please :)

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
@romanos8, @Avinash1007, You can use 'YouTube: New Comment on a Channel' trigger event and to capture any new comment made on any video posted on your YouTube channel.

i dont think its true, unless i dont understand something
I built a workflow with a trigger of when a youtube comment is posted on any video on the channel..
and when im running it by hand (sending test requests), it works.. and thats why im here - now that i have deployed it, it doesnt work.

i commented on my channel (from another channel), and an hour has past since then, while the trigger says it runs once in 10 minutes, but in the workflow history doesnt look like the trigger was executed.
Please record a short screen recording making a comment on any video of your YouTube channel and see if that triggers this workflow.

avi917

@romanos8, @Avinash1007, You can use 'YouTube: New Comment on a Channel' trigger event and to capture any new comment made on any video posted on your YouTube channel.

Please record a short screen recording making a comment on any video of your YouTube channel and see if that triggers this workflow.
How? the trigger there is set to "check for new data" only once each 8 hours!

avi917

How? the trigger there is set to "check for new data" only once each 8 hours!
which btw i dont think is fair to change it from 10 minutes to 8 hours..
since i already built the workflow banking on it to be 10 minutes..
its like if you would suddenly reducce the amount of free tasks from 100 to 5 for users who started to use and build on your platform when it was 100.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Based on the Task History of the workflow I created for testing, your workflow does appear to get triggered by a comment made on a video on your YouTube channel.

In your original workflow (the one in which the trigger interval time is set to 10 minutes), I suggest you try to establish a new connection with your YouTube account and see if this workflow is being triggered or not.
1703781054413.png

avi917

Based on the Task History of the workflow I created for testing, your workflow does appear to get triggered by a comment made on a video on your YouTube channel.

In your original workflow (the one in which the trigger interval time is set to 10 minutes), I suggest you try to establish a new connection with your YouTube account and see if this workflow is being triggered or not.
View attachment 35791

1) I tried establishing a new connection, it didnt help..

2) how have you checked with the test workflow? have you left a comment on my channel?

3) you havent responded to what i said about changing the triggering interval for existing users.
Especially that now when i checked MY workflow its now 8 hours and not 10 minutes as it was before!!!

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
1) I tried establishing a new connection, it didnt help..
You didn't select the newly established connection; I did that on your behalf, and your workflow should trigger now.

2) how have you checked with the test workflow? have you left a comment on my channel?
No, I didn't leave a comment on your channel. I was referring to the comment that was captured in your Task History.
Task History ID - IjU3NjIwNTZiMDYzMDA0MzY1MjZiNTUzMDUxMzU1MTY2NTQzMSI_3D_pc
1703799578611.png

3) you havent responded to what i said about changing the triggering interval for existing users.
Especially that now when i checked MY workflow its now 8 hours and not 10 minutes as it was before!!!
The trigger interval time can be reduced to 10 minutes for paid users. For the free plan, the trigger interval time will be 8 hours. You can purchase any of our paid plans and I will reduce the trigger interval time on your behalf.

avi917

You didn't select the newly established connection; I did that on your behalf, and your workflow should trigger now.
I did, i chose the 2nd connection which i established after i saw it doesnt work.
No, I didn't leave a comment on your channel. I was referring to the comment that was captured in your Task History.
Task History ID - IjU3NjIwNTZiMDYzMDA0MzY1MjZiNTUzMDUxMzU1MTY2NTQzMSI_3D_pc
Ok, thanks.

The trigger interval time can be reduced to 10 minutes for paid users. For the free plan, the trigger interval time will be 8 hours. You can purchase any of our paid plans and I will reduce the trigger interval time on your behalf.

Then it now really takes back from my trust of the platform -
1st) its not good practice and user experience to just downgrade the features you already made available to the free tier,
2nd) not only that, but to users that already built workflows around those features - banking on the way they are working.
3rd) You didnt even update the users through some place so that they can adjust their workflows (and also, at least know that you are downgrading their experience!) (Though again, just to make it clear, it shouldnt even be the case that you do downgrade!)
4th) And not only that! but to downgrade it behind my back, without even telling me anything about it and letting me discover it by myself!
5th) Making me feel sorry i ever posted here, and think twice if i can count on not suddenly having my workflow changed by someone else to downgraded version!!

I'm VERY disappointed, I myself maybe dont require enough automations for paying for it for now, since im just dabbling in it and not using it full time, but i was always recommending to use this platform to everyone who were talking to me about automation, instead of Zapier or Make...

Again - its the same as if you would suddenly changed to all current free users, who already signed up, the quota of allotted tasks from 100 to some lesser amount OR suddenly made the free tasks (like Email Parser) unfree and counted towards the allotted tasks!

Last edited:

avi917

I am afraid I won't be able to reduce the trigger interval time for your workflow.
Not able and not willing are 2 different things.
you were able to increase the interval time, so you would be able to reduce it as well.
The question is - will you do what ethically right?
Im waiting to hear.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
8 hours is the default trigger interval time for YouTube. As mentioned previously, the trigger interval time can only be reduced for paid plans. Unfortunately, I won't be able to reduce the trigger interval time for your workflow.

avi917

8 hours is the default trigger interval time for YouTube. As mentioned previously, the trigger interval time can only be reduced for paid plans. Unfortunately, I won't be able to reduce the trigger interval time for your workflow.
Got it.
The interval was 10 minutes until i posted here, and you rudely went in and changed it for me..
I want to speak to your manager regarding this.