• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

RSS trigger interval and items to execute within

Not sure if related, can we modify the RSS trigger interval from the default 6 hrs? (thought i saw 12 hrs at one point too??) and the feed comes from wordpress, and it seems like it's executing all items in the feed... like 6 items instead of just the first one for the rest of the tasks in the script.... how to make it only run on the first item every 12 hrs?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @tsuiwilliam,

RSS feeds are a polling-based trigger with a trigger interval of 6 hours. This means that Pabbly Connect looks for new data from RSS feeds every 6 hours, capturing all the new feeds generated between one 6-hour interval and another. Your workflow will be executed that many times. Please note that this cannot be changed.

Do you want the trigger execution interval in this workflow to be 12 hours?

12 would be nicer, but my bigger concern is that the job executes it as MULTIPLE tasks at every interval, like 6 RSS items every interval, instead of one per interval. consuming much more budget than intended.

how would i setup so that it only handle ONE rss item every interval, 6 hrs or 12 hrs?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
RSS feeds are a polling-based trigger with a trigger interval of 6 hours. This means that Pabbly Connect looks for new data from RSS feeds every 6 hours, capturing all the new feeds generated between one 6-hour interval and another. Your workflow will be executed that many times. Please note that this cannot be changed.
As mentioned before, the way RSS feeds triggers work is by checking for any new feeds generated on the website within the last 6 hours and then triggering the workflow accordingly. So, if 1 feed is generated on the website within a 6-hour interval, your workflow will be triggered once. If 3 feeds are generated, it will trigger 3 times. If 6 feeds are generated, your workflow will be triggered 6 times, and so on.

In this case, changing the trigger interval time to 12 hours will have no impact on your use case. With a 12-hour interval, your RSS feeds trigger will search for new feeds generated on your website every 12 hours, retrieve all the feeds generated within that 12-hour window, and then trigger your workflow accordingly.

how would i setup so that it only handle ONE rss item every interval, 6 hrs or 12 hrs?
I can have the trigger interval time increased to 12 hours, but the use case you are describing is not possible because this is not how the RSS feed trigger is supposed to work; it will always capture all the feeds generated within this time period and trigger your workflow that many times, no matter if the trigger interval time is 6 or 12 hours.

As mentioned before, the way RSS feeds triggers work is by checking for any new feeds generated on the website within the last 6 hours and then triggering the workflow accordingly. So, if 1 feed is generated on the website within a 6-hour interval, your workflow will be triggered once. If 3 feeds are generated, it will trigger 3 times. If 6 feeds are generated, your workflow will be triggered 6 times, and so on.

In this case, changing the trigger interval time to 12 hours will have no impact on your use case. With a 12-hour interval, your RSS feeds trigger will search for new feeds generated on your website every 12 hours, retrieve all the feeds generated within that 12-hour window, and then trigger your workflow accordingly.

I can have the trigger interval time increased to 12 hours, but the use case you are describing is not possible because this is not how the RSS feed trigger is supposed to work; it will always capture all the feeds generated within this time period and trigger your workflow that many times, no matter if the trigger interval time is 6 or 12 hours.
ok, if i have to control it from the RSS end, would you please set the pabbly side for 24 hrs please, thanks! that'll help a lot in the mean time