• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Search Row action in Stackby always returns all rows

Hi there

I have been scratching my head on this one - I am doing some text parsing in Pabbly (which works like a dream) and then using a string to find a row ID in a Stackby column.

Here is the Stackby table set up as an example. I'd like to search a record for the row containing, say "Applicant".

Stackby Table1.png

Below I query Stackby using the List Columns action:

Pabbly List Columns.png

Then I use the Search Record action in Pabbly to find a record in this column (I just used the text string "Applicant" rather than any earlier input just for this example). I also tried "Contains" as well as "Is Equal To" with as simpler string. In any case, here is the set up for the Search Record using the column ID from above.

Search column for applicant.png

And the result is:

Response lists all rows.png

You can see Applicant in the result, but in fact the result is just a list of all the records in the table. This result is produced whatever you search for - whether it is in that column or not.

I also tested this using the Search Record action in Airtable but that works perfectly. However I have already paid for Stackby a while ago and really would rather use Stackby as it works fine in itself.

I have tested this on multiple Stackby databases to make sure there's no corruption issue.

Can you look into this integration problem please? Many thanks.

Tim

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @TimPonting
I have been scratching my head on this one - I am doing some text parsing in Pabbly (which works like a dream) and then using a string to find a row ID in a Stackby column.

Here is the Stackby table set up as an example. I'd like to search a record for the row containing, say "Applicant".
We looked over your concern and contacted Stackby team for this. They have made some updates on Stackby action and now you can find the column with the "text" written on it.

Please check this out and we hope this might help you.

2021-07-04.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Supreme Verma

I can now get my Search to work :) Thank you!

Just to let you know, the dropdown always brings in the column names of the first table in your Stack, even if you refresh which is not expected behaviour. But since you can manually enter the correct column name, this makes no real difference :cool: so nothing further needs fixing. Thank you!

Wrong column names for the Entities Table...
View attachment 2067
...But makes no difference if you enter the correct column name manually - it works as expected in this case :)
View attachment 2068

Thanks again

Tim