• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Shopify POS to Xero invoice creation

ggold

I need to produce an invoice in Xero when a payment is made in either Shopify POS or Shopify.
I have managed to do this using "New Check Out" as Trigger. This successfully works with Shopify & Shopify POS for both full and part payments.

BUT this trigger doesn't give me the customers name.
I am producing the Xero Invoice using the Shopify Order ID as the customers name.

I can't use "Order Payment" as the trigger because this trigger ignores any payment made via Shopify POS and ignores any part payment. It only sees full payments made in Shopify.

I have tried using a Shopify Action "Get Order By ID" hoping that this will reveal the customers name but I only get error responses.

What is the Solution?

Luv

Hey @ggold

We would recommend using "Find Customer by Email" action step instead of "Get Order by ID".

You can simply input the email address obtained from the trigger step "New Checkout". If you use that, it will provide you with the user's name in the response, which you can then utilize in Xero.

Please inform us if this solution meets your needs.

ggold

Hi Luv,
Unfortunately, the "New Checkout" trigger doesn't provide the email address. The only data it gives that can be used to identify the customer is "Order Id". If I do a manual search in Shopify for the "Order id" it brings up the order which does contain the customer's name.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please follow the steps provided in the video shared below to establish a new connection with your Shopify account. Ensure that you do not skip any steps and grant the necessary permissions as demonstrated in the video. Kindly record a brief screen recording of the entire process. If the issue persists, please share the recorded video on this thread.
1713631381105.png