• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Socketlabs integration not working

solipsist

Did some digging.

The issue is that some of the fields are not properly encoded, so they cannot be used in the HTML Body field as they are.

The Socketlabs integration needs to properly encode the data in the HTML Body and Text Body fields.

solipsist

Secondly, the HTML Body field does not allow new lines. Again, the integration should properly encode the data and strip new lines.

solipsist

I've confirmed it's line breaks that cause the "invaliddata" error.

Bug report to your devs: Socketlabs integration does not properly encode the field for message body, leading to a failed request in case one or more new lines are used in the HTML Body field.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I am unable to find the InvalidData - PostBody parameter does not have a valid structure, or contains invalid or missing data error you are referring to, in the workflow you have shared.

solipsist

I am unable to find the InvalidData - PostBody parameter does not have a valid structure, or contains invalid or missing data error you are referring to, in the workflow you have shared.
That is from the socket labs api docs. I had to try to figure out what “invaliddata” (the error message pabbly gave me) means. So I looked it up. Please re-read this thread and it will make sense.

As I wrote, here’s the issue for your devs:

The socket labs integration does not escape new lines in the body html field (probably true for the body text field too…)

How do I know? I managed to work around it by deleting all new lines in that field.

Subin

Staff member
Hey @solipsist !

Kindly provide us with the screenshot of the concern, in which you have received the error?

Accordingly we can further investigate on the concern and guide you on it.

solipsist

1710584035145.png

1710584041706.png

Please fix this poorly written Socketlabs integration code.

solipsist

That does not fix the issue.

Creating line breaks is not a problem. I'm using p tags as you can see.

The problem is that the field is extremely unforgiving to the user. Nowhere does it say you cannot put line breaks. But even so, the way your components are designed, line breaks are almost impossible to spot. If a line break or newline is present, the integration simply fails with the obscure error "invaliddata" (see above).

All of this can be avoided if you simply stripped or escaped line breaks (\r) and newlines (\n), in your code.

Ergo; the integration with Socketlabs is broken.

Please fix your code.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please allow me some time to discuss this with my technical team. We will get back to you with an update soon.