• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Stripe "Retrieve a Customer by ID" Timeouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan G

I have a lot of sales that go through via Stripe and I need to lookup people's email addresses using Pabbly's "Retrieve a Customer by ID". I on a daily basis get a number of failed look-ups as it times out and failed. I get the following message from Pabbly / Stripe:

{
"error > code": "lock_timeout",
"error > doc_url": "https://stripe.com/docs/error-codes/lock-timeout",
"error > message": "This object cannot be accessed right now because another API request or Stripe process is currently accessing it. If you see this error intermittently, retry the request. If you see this error frequently and are making multiple concurrent requests to a single object, make your requests serially or at a lower rate.",
"error > type": "invalid_request_error"
}

I believe we need to update Pabbly to submit it's look-up request sequentially, so that it doesn't keep failing.

Pabbly support you can see some of these failed runs using the following task IDs:

IjgwMTgwODY0Ig_3D_3D
Ijc5NTg0OTU2Ig_3D_3D

Stripe had the following help: https://stripe.com/docs/error-codes#lock-timeout

Can Pabbly Support help with this?

Thank you in advance.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Dan G

Its looks like from Stripe's error message, the API didn't process your request at that moment, and because of that timeout error appeared.

So, as a solution we would recommend you to use a delay action step before the "Stripe: Retrieve a Customer by ID", so that the Stripes' API gets the proper time interval to process your request.

2022-01-08_10h48_20.png

Dan G

Hey @Dan G

Its looks like from Stripe's error message, the API didn't process your request at that moment, and because of that timeout error appeared.

So, as a solution we would recommend you to use a delay action step before the "Stripe: Retrieve a Customer by ID", so that the Stripes' API gets the proper time interval to process your request.

View attachment 6785
That seems to have sorted the issue! Thank you for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.