• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Subscription Cancellation Flow

Hello,

I'm trying to make recurring subscriptions with Pabbly production ready to sell recurring subscriptions to my app.

I am worried that there is not a clear and easy way for users to cancel their recurring subscriptions through Pabbly.
I already understand that the way they do this is through the Client Portal, please don't respond just telling me to tell them to use the Client Portal - please read the rest of this post carefully - thank you.

1. I have already auto-enabled the Client Portal for all users.

2. I have already implemented the SSO Client Portal API call. I was hoping this would be a final solution for this issue, and I would be able to add a "Manage Subscription" button in my app that links the user directly to their Pabbly subscription page with an SSO Client Portal URL. However, there seem to be three issues with the SSO Client Portal URL:

a) The SSO Client Portal link only seems to work if the user has already "Accepted" the invitation to the client portal from the email that was sent one time, on their initial purchase. Many users will ignore that email. Months later, when they want to cancel, they then won't be able to find that email or know they need to find that email. They just won't be able to access the Portal to cancel.
Is there a way to make the Client Portal accessible to users with an SSO link even if they haven't clicked Accept in the Client Portal invitation email?

b) The SSO Client Portal link seems to automatically redirect to the Affiliate page inside the Client Portal. This will confuse users. Can you please check that the Client Portal SSO link properly redirects users to the page that lets them manage their subscription?

c) Even once I'm inside the Portal as a customer, on the Subscription tab, the interface does not allow me to actually cancel the subscription as a user. The three dots do not appear at the right side when I hold my mouse over an individual subscription. I have already enabled "Allow Customers To Cancel Their Subscription" in my settings. Screenshot of the three dots not appearing on mouse hover is attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 9.24.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 9.24.29 AM.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
V

Vipin Mishra

Hello There!

We have escalated your Query to our concerned team, will update you with the resolution ASAP.

Regards,
Vipin Mishra

V

Vipin Mishra

Hey,

We have checked the issues you mentioned.

a) Once you implement the SSO Client Portal API call then there is no need to accept Email Invitation from the customer's end to access Client Portal through your "Manage Subscription" button but if it is happening then there must be something went wrong while implementing API so we request you to please make a video for the problem you are facing and if possible then add us as Agent in your page where you have attached "Manage Subscription" button or share the page link so that we can test this from our end.

b) We checked this and resolved this issue and now your customers will be directed to the Dashboard inside the Client Portal instead of the Affiliate Page.

c) Also, we would like to inform you that we have not provided the Cancel subscription option earlier outside, for this you have to click on the Email Id mentioned there then you will be directed to the page into the subscription where you will get the 3 dots on the top right corner where you will get the option for cancel subscription. But now we have added the Cancel Subscription option outside on the subscription page also.

1648126336561.png

If you need further support please reach out to us.

Regards,
Vipin Mishra

Thank you for your help.

1. I still am unable to get the Single-Sign On URL to work properly on the first try.

Here is the video you requested, showing that the URL returned from the API redirects to the Pabbly homepage, rather than logging the user on.

I have not created an actual button in my app yet, I am just reading the API's returned URL directly from my server logs and pasting it directly into the browser to test the link.

2. After getting this part fixed, I have an additional question. The implementation suggestion suggests storing this URL in the user's account on my server, and recalling that URL later when the user presses the button to Manage Subscription.
However, the API includes an Expiry Date for the token.
Would the SSO URL returned at the time of the user's purchase expire on that expiry date? If so, doesn't the API need to be manually called again later on when they want to manage their subscription months later, regardless?

V

Vipin Mishra

Hey,

Web have escalated your query to our concerned team and will update you with resolution ASAP.

Regards,
Vipin Mishra

V

Vipin Mishra

Hello There!

We request you to schedule a meeting on Calendly so we can discuss further about this query.

Please refer to the link of Calendly to book a slot for one to one call with our team - https://calendly.com/pabblyteam/pabblysubscriptionbilling

Our Team will be available from Monday to Saturday since 10:00 am IST to 6:00 pm IST.

Regards,
Vipin Mishra

V

Vipin Mishra

Hello Peter,

You have reschedule your call on Calendly for Monday.

Our team will be available on Monday at your booked slot timings.

Regards,
Vipin Mishra

I'm sorry, but I forgot to ask my second question on the support call after resolving the first question.

The implementation suggestion suggests storing the SSO URL in the user's account on my server, and recalling that URL later when the user presses the button in my app to Manage Subscription.

However, the SSO URL API also returns an Expiry Date for the SSO URL token.

1. Would the SSO URL returned at the time of the user's purchase expire on that expiry date?

2. If so, doesn't the SSO API need to be manually called again later on to get a new URL when they want to manage their subscription months later, regardless?
This would be much more difficult for me to implement. If I were able to use the original URL even 1 or 2 years later, that would be easier. But if that's not possible, it would be good to know now.

Thank you for the great support

V

Vipin Mishra

Hey,

We have escalated your query to our concerned team, will update you ASAP.

Regards,
Vipin Mishra

V

Vipin Mishra

Hello There!

Thanks for the Patience.

We will update you regarding this ASAP.

Regards,
Vipin Mishra

V

Vipin Mishra

Hey,

We would like to inform you that due to security reasons we have added this validation of expiration of URL in 1 day. So whenever you need to access the URL, you can simply fire the API through which you will receive the new URL for access with added 1 day validity.

Hope the above information helps you.

Regards,
Vipin Mishra