• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Thinkific to find OR create user (multiple workflows?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaidos

Hey!

I'm building out my connections and will multiple flows connecting to Thinkific (Elementor forms + WooCommerce orders).

I want to know if it's best practice to create everything in one flow or separate ones.

Here's an example:
> My workflow has a form that users fill out and get enrolled in XYZ on Thinkific. The flow creates the user and enrolls them.
> BUT if the user has already previously been created in Thinkific, they won't get enrolled because there's no Thinkific user ID to be used in the enrollment step.
> So what I can do is create a step that searches for the user via the email they use in the form, then it will have the user ID for the enrollment step.

My questions:
Should I create this as two separate flows or all inside one?
Is there a better way to do this so that tasks arn't wasted on checking users (or vice versa)?

Sorry if this is obvious.

My workflow is just creating the user at this point - the latter hasn't been added yet.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hey @Jaidos,

Your approach is accurate and the most efficient method for establishing your workflow. You don't need two separate workflows; simply create everything within a single workflow.

You will need to add a Filter to your workflow after the Thinkific: Search User action event to filter out existing users.
1685751946393.png

Jaidos

Hey @Jaidos,

Your approach is accurate and the most efficient method for establishing your workflow. You don't need two separate workflows; simply create everything within a single workflow.

You will need to add a Filter to your workflow after the Thinkific: Search User action event to filter out existing users.
View attachment 26856

Cool! Had no idea about filters. Thank you man :)

Jaidos

Hey @Jaidos,

View attachment 26856

Sorry Arshil, I'm a little confused. I'm working on this workflow (essentially the same thing as above).

I'm making it search for the user so it can then enrol them. But in the "enroll user" step, I can select the ID from the previous step. Here's the workflow https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow...LVjcBFQQAAFYIe1RNARMHBFwmVRhSKQxvCzgPUQQsXz4#

I still want to do the same thing as above (search user to enrol them, or if they don't exist - create then enrol).

Sorry if it's obvious. I think I've just been looking TOO deep into it to make any sense haha.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Jaidos,

Please grant me access to your workflow by adding me as a team member. This will allow me to gain a better understanding of your issue.
Once you have added me as a Team Member, do let us know the name of your workflow.
Email: [email protected]
Also, remember to revoke access once your query has been resolved.

Attaching a video for your reference:

Jaidos

Hi @Jaidos,

Please grant me access to your workflow by adding me as a team member. This will allow me to gain a better understanding of your issue.
Once you have added me as a Team Member, do let us know the name of your workflow.
Email: [email protected]
Also, remember to revoke access once your query has been resolved.

Attaching a video for your reference:

Thank you. I just added you. The workflow is called "WooCommerce To Thinkific". I also shared the original workflow from this post with you too.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
@Jaidos, You are supposed to first search for the user in Thinkific using the email address captured from WooCommerce. Then, apply a filter and use the 'Thinkific: Create User' action event to create new users if they don't already exist. I have made some changes to your workflow. Please check if this fixes the issue for you and let me know.

Jaidos

@Jaidos, You are supposed to first search for the user in Thinkific using the email address captured from WooCommerce. Then, apply a filter and use the 'Thinkific: Create User' action event to create new users if they don't already exist. I have made some changes to your workflow. Please check if this fixes the issue for you and let me know.
Great, thank you! I thought the filter would cancel out the enrollment step. I tried to re add it but am still a little confused. How can I add the user ID if it's possibly coming from two separate areas (from search or creating user)?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I thought the filter would cancel out the enrollment step.
If the user already exists in your Thinkific account, the filter would simply prevent re-enrollment of that same user by not executing the last two steps (Create User and Enroll User in Bundle).

How can I add the user ID if it's possibly coming from two separate areas (from search or creating user)?
Use the ID that comes from the Create User action step.

Jaidos

If the user already exists in your Thinkific account, the filter would simply prevent re-enrollment of that same user by not executing the last two steps (Create User and Enroll User in Bundle).

Use the ID that comes from the Create User action step.
But there is multiple courses offered. So the user could already exist but not be enrolled in XYZ course. I still want to get them enrolled if they exist. Plus re-enrollement is completely fine (user might not have access to original details, etc).

And I'm also trying to enroll them into a bundle. So they very much might already be enrolled in one course, but not the others.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
For this, you will have to add a Router to your workflow. The first two steps would remain the same (WooCommerce: New Order Created and Thinkific: Search User).

Router with two routes
1687391044112.png

Route 1: For creating a new user and enrolling them in a course.
1687391271796.png

Route 2: For enrolling the already existing users.
1687391489018.png

Jaidos

For this, you will have to add a Router to your workflow. The first two steps would remain the same (WooCommerce: New Order Created and Thinkific: Search User).

Router with two routes
View attachment 27611

Route 1: For creating a new user and enrolling them in a course.
View attachment 27612

Route 2: For enrolling the already existing users.
View attachment 27613
You're a genius man. I understand now and think I've fully set it up properly here.

Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.