• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Trello Custom Field Values

creative6

I have a kind of complex connection that I need assistance with.

I am going to use the AE Sales Workflow - Create VLA Cards workflow for this example since this is the only one I've created so far.

The goal is - 1) when a card is moved to a specific list in a board in trello -> 2) filter this card to see if a specific custom field exists -> if so, 3) create a card on a different board and input that custom field value into a specific custom field on the new card.

The problem is - on the original board/card, we have over 20 custom fields, and different cards will have different custom fields inputted. for example, notice the different fields that are filled in the example cards below:

Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 10.48.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 10.34.15 AM.png

When I use the "Get a card" step to get the custom field IDs to create the filter step (2) and to get the custom field values to input that specific value into a custom field on the new card (3) it appears the "CustomFieldItems { } Value Number" will change depending on which custom field on the trigger card is filled, therefore the field information is not transferred over correctly.

For this example I used "CustomFieldItems 9 Value Number" -
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 11.28.02 AM.png

(2)Filter step I have set up - only continue if the field value exists.
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 11.25.49 AM.png

(3) step to update update the Google VLA mgmt fee field on the new card in the different board (note that i already have a step before this to create the new card):

Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 11.27.16 AM.png

This all works perfectly with the webhook test response card that I set this up with.

But if i were to complete this process with Card A or Card B, it doesn't work the same way, the Google VLA Mgmt "CustomFieldItems 9 Value Number" changes because on these different trigger cards, different fields exist. Hypothetically speaking, "CustomFieldItems 9 Value Number" might be the SEO custom field instead on Card A and it might be the Socialite custom field instead on Card B.

Is there something I am doing incorrectly, or will these "CustomFieldItems { } Value Number" always change depending on what the custom fields the trigger card has inputted ?

I have attached a screen record of myself doing this live also, and the copied card doesn't even show up for this one because the filter step field value "CustomFieldItems 9 Value Number" is again different on this new trigger card.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @creative6

We have forwarded your concern to our technical team and will try to look into the jumbled customer field label placed in the Get Card API response.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @creative6

We have made some changes in the Trello: Get a Card action step and you will get the custom field labels in the "CustomField Result(idCustomField:id value..)" format which you can use to map the desired fields.

So, kindly try mapping such fields for your work and let us know if that works for you.

creative6

Hello, this custom field worked, but now I have another issue with the same workflow. My trigger is "when a card is moved to a specific list" to create a new card in another board, but for some reason when I move that trigger card out of that specified list, it also creates another card.
It seems to trigger when a card is moved back & forth between the original list the card was in and the trigger list that the card gets moved into. It does not trigger if I then move it away from the trigger list into a different list.

This is my trigger event:
Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 8.55.45 AM.png

And I also added this filter feature as it says to:

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 8.56.59 AM.png

Is there any reason why it would also create a card when moving the card away from that specified list back into the original list?

Last edited:

creative6

Edit to add - I added this extra filter after the "Display TranslationKey" filter to confirm that it should only trigger when moved to that trigger list and this seems to work. but will I have to add this step to all of them? This is no problem, but want to just confirm that I am not doing something wrong with the triggers.

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 9.18.39 AM.png

Supreme

Staff member
Edit to add - I added this extra filter after the "Display TranslationKey" filter to confirm that it should only trigger when moved to that trigger list and this seems to work. but will I have to add this step to all of them? This is no problem, but want to just confirm that I am not doing something wrong with the triggers.

Because the Trello API sends the same card event type for different events, a response is triggered. As a workaround, we recommend using the Filter action step with the label "Action Display TranslationKey."

If you use the filter action step in any of your workflows, you must use it for the same trigger event.

1680247061539.png