• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

WordPress User Updated - Wrong Old Role being sent

Your Task History ID
N/a Still building workflow.
I'm working on a task to run when a User's role changes in WordPress.

However, the `User Old Data Roles 0` is coming in with the wrong Role.

CleanShot 2024-09-09 at 15.21.20.png

Here I'm changing FROM Customer TO ARC, but when the webhook is received, I get:

CleanShot 2024-09-09 at 15.22.22.png

I am expecting the User Old Data Roles 0 to be customer there, not arc. As such, my filter to only run this when a role changes from not being ARC to being ARC is failing.

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @mikejandreau

Can you please elaborate more on your concern regarding how your roles are changing due to automation and the workflow in which you are testing, so that we can also perform the same steps?

I’m sending a User Updated webhook
In WordPress, I’m changing the role from Customer to ARC, so that I can run a workflow only in that scenario.
When the webhook is received in Pabble Connect the Old Role (which should be the role that was changed and is no longer the current role) is wrong and incorrectly includes the New role. The Role (which should be the new role) is correct.

Let me know if that helps!

P

Pabblymember11

Can you please share the workflow URL? A short video would also be helpful.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
The trigger used in WordPress is based on descriptive webhooks and captures whatever data the application sends to us. We do not have control over the data that WordPress sends to Pabbly Connect. Since the data is being sent this way from their end, we cannot do anything about it from our side.

You can try testing this on Webhook.site to check if the old role appears in the 'User Old Data Roles 0' field.