• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Workflow Restarted Altogether

Hi pabbly support,

I have created a 60 step workflow automation using pabbly and aisensy. During the workflow execution the whatsapp message credit of aisensy got exhausted and due to this some tasks kept failing in pabbly.

Users kept complaining that they were not receiving messages. So I purchased aisensy credits and went to workflow history in pabbly and re executed all the failed tasks.

However, instead of just executing the failed steps Pabbly started the automation from day 1. There are 30 days 30 different messages in this automation and each user is on a different day.

Pabbly has restarted automation to all users, even users who are at day 15, to day 1. What can be done to solve this issue?

Expecting a reply at the earliest.

Regards,
Afsal Shameer

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @afsalshameer

Pabbly has restarted automation to all users, even users who are at day 15, to day 1. What can be done to solve this issue?
Once the specified delay date has been reached, the workflow's historical logs are updated. These updates will be reflected in the most recent entries within your history section. This means that the workflow's execution and any associated information will be documented and made available for your reference in the history logs at the latest.

Sample -

1698920521767.png

Additionally, it is evident that your messages are being successfully delivered through the Aisensy action step as intended.

1698920811984.png

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to understand the issue I am facing with the workflow automation I created using Pabbly and Aisensy. Let me try to explain it to you in a simpler way.

Imagine that you have a group of 100 users who have signed up for your service. You want to send them a series of 30 messages, one message per day, for 30 days. Each message contains a different audiobook that they can listen to.

You create a workflow automation using Pabbly and Aisensy to do this task. You set up the steps and the delays for each message. You also connect your WhatsApp account with Aisensy so that the messages can be sent through WhatsApp.

Everything works fine for the first few days. The users receive the messages and the audiobooks as expected. However, on day 10, something goes wrong. Your Aisensy credits run out and you cannot send any more messages through WhatsApp.

You don’t realize this until some users complain that they are not receiving any messages from you. You check your Pabbly dashboard and see that some tasks have failed due to insufficient Aisensy credits.

You quickly buy more Aisensy credits and go back to your Pabbly dashboard. You want to re-execute the failed tasks so that the users can receive the messages and the audiobooks that they missed.

However, when you re-execute the failed tasks, something unexpected happens. Instead of sending only the missed messages, Pabbly sends all the messages from day 1 to day 10 to all the users.

This means that some users who were on day 10 receive 10 duplicate messages. Some users who were on day 5 receive 5 duplicate messages and 5 new messages. Some users who were on day 1 receive 10 new messages.

This creates a lot of confusion and frustration for the users. They don’t understand why they are receiving duplicate or wrong messages. They also lose track of which audiobook they are supposed to listen to each day.

You also get confused and frustrated. You don’t understand why Pabbly re-executed the entire workflow instead of only the failed tasks. You also don’t know how to fix this problem and resume the automation from where it was interrupted.

You contact Pabbly support and explain the issue to them. You hope that they can help you undo or cancel the re-execution of the entire workflow. You also hope that they can help you resume the automation from where it was interrupted for each user without restarting from day 1. You also hope that they can help you prevent this issue from happening again in the future if Aisensy credits run out.

However, the reply you receive from Pabbly support is not helpful at all. They tell you that you can re-execute the skipped and failed steps using a method that they show you in a screenshot. They don’t address any of your questions or concerns.

You try their method, but it doesn’t work for you. You have already re-executed the entire workflow, so you have to stop all the re-executed workflows first. Then you have to manually check each user’s progress and re-execute the failed steps accordingly.

This is very tedious and time-consuming for you. It also doesn’t solve the problem of sending duplicate or wrong messages to the users. It also doesn’t prevent this problem from happening again in the future if Aisensy credits run out.

You are very unhappy with this solution and you want a better one. You write another email to Pabbly support and ask them if there is a better way to do this. You also tell them that their reply was not clear or helpful and that you expect better service from them.

This is the situation I am in right now. I hope you can understand it better now and provide me with a more effective and satisfactory solution. Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you for your attention and cooperation.

Supreme

Staff member
Everything works fine for the first few days. The users receive the messages and the audiobooks as expected. However, on day 10, something goes wrong. Your Aisensy credits run out and you cannot send any more messages through WhatsApp.
If you have used up all the credits from Aisensy, please ensure that you check your remaining credits before proceeding with the workflow accordingly.

However, when you re-execute the failed tasks, something unexpected happens. Instead of sending only the missed messages, Pabbly sends all the messages from day 1 to day 10 to all the users.
You also get confused and frustrated. You don’t understand why Pabbly re-executed the entire workflow instead of only the failed tasks. You also don’t know how to fix this problem and resume the automation from where it was interrupted.

If your intention was to exclusively execute the failed task, you should have chosen the "Failed & Skipped Steps" option. Since you opted to run the entire workflow, the message was resent from the beginning.

Further, if you are still facing issues using this particular issue then please record a short video.

1698924958590.png

Further, we recommend hiring an automation expert who can design such automation for your workflow and manage everything for you - https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/pabbly-connect-experts-and-consultants.22/

And can even find automation experts in our Facebook group as well - https://www.facebook.com/groups/formget.deals/

Attachments

• 1698924649875.png
    1698924649875.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 57
I need a solution here. The suggestions that you have given is of no value. Since I have re executed the entire workflow, I have went to the re executed workflow and stopped it. Will the older normal automations keep running although I have re executed it. It shows me an option to stop running which means the automation is still running. So if the older normal workflow keeps running, once it is finished I can reexeute only the failed steps. Please tell me if this is a solution or is there anything that I should be aware of?

Supreme

Staff member
If a previously initiated task is still in progress, it is advisable to leave it running if you have not attempted to rerun it. Alternatively, if you have terminated the execution of a task due to failure, you can employ the "Re-execute Failed and Skipped Task" feature to initiate the task anew.

1699011021117.png