• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Request for Test Variables for Future Events in Automation Workflow

Malcom

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on setting up an automation workflow for future events such as 'Failed Payments' and 'Cancel Subscriptions' in ThriveCart. However, I am encountering a challenge as it appears I need to wait for these events to actually occur before I can complete the automation setup. This could potentially delay the process by up to 30 days or more.

Here's a detailed explanation of my issue:

1. Failed Payments: I am trying to create an automation for failed payments in ThriveCart. However, since I cannot manually trigger a failed payment, it seems I have to wait for a real failed payment to occur before I can proceed with the automation workflow.
  2. Cancel Subscriptions: Similarly, for cancel subscriptions, it appears that I have to wait for an actual subscription cancellation to happen before I can run the automation.
To streamline this process, I would like to propose the following solutions:

1. Test Variables: Could you provide test variables (such as email address, name, phone numbers) that we can use to simulate these events and complete the automation workflow setup? This would allow us to adjust the workflow as needed once the actual data comes in.
  2. Simulated Events: Alternatively, is there a way to simulate 'Failed Payments' and 'Cancel Subscriptions' events in ThriveCart so that we can complete the automation setup in the same day without having to wait for these events to occur?

I believe these solutions and clarifications would greatly enhance the user experience and efficiency of setting up automation workflows in Pabbly Connect. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter and any potential steps I can take to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your time and assistance...

Malcom Heard

Also, 2nd Quick Question:

I have a question regarding the transition from Test Mode to Live Mode. After testing the automation workflow in Test Mode, do we need to re-capture all the automation steps in Live Mode? And do we need to save all the automations below the events separately?

Malcom

Do I have to select "capture" Webhook and wait the number of days until the Failed Payment trigger to move forward in the Automation?
Plus, do I have to do this for "Each Individual Product"?
Similar to ThriveCart Purchase All, I don't see a All for ThriveCart Rebill or ThriveCart Failed Payment ThriveCart Subscription Cancel.

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @Malcom

Yes, regarding your concern, you need to click on the capture option and wait until the subscription is actually canceled.

As for testing payment declined cases, you can do so by entering incorrect card details and then verifying the outcome.

1710398042541.png

Plus, do I have to do this for "Each Individual Product"?
No, you don't need to perform this manually every time. The initial setup is a one-time process. Once you capture the response, it will automatically show in your workflow after every second payment failure.

Malcom

I appreciate your response, but I would like to focus more on the issue of failed payments for subscription rebilling.

Yes, I can trigger a "Failed Payment" but I can not trigger a Subscription Rebill Payment or Rebill Payment Failed as shown in the attachment.

If you can walk me through the steps on how to complete this in "one day". Given this information, would I need to do this for each single Subscription Rebill Payment or Rebill Payment Failed?

Thank you for your help on this...

Attachments

• Pabbly Quesiton - ThriveCart .png
    Pabbly Quesiton - ThriveCart .png
    28.1 KB · Views: 11

Malcom

So if I don't have a Subscription Rebill or Subscription Rebill Payment Failed for 10 days do I ahve to wait. I'm trying to better understand this process....

Arshita

Staff member
Yes, you are correct. You need to test this in a live environment to check Subscription Rebill or Subscription Rebill Payment Failed. For testing a failed payment, you can test it by entering incorrect card details. However, to test the subscription rebill payment, you'll need to wait for it to occur in live mode.

If you can walk me through the steps on how to complete this in "one day". Given this information, would I need to do this for each single Subscription Rebill Payment or Rebill Payment Failed?
No, initially, for the first rebill payment and payment failures, you'll need to manually test it. After the first test, you can skip capturing details for every 2nd or 3rd transaction.