• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to create invoice and record payment from Harvest when signed and paid in Better Proposal

gregv

Hello Pabbly team!

I'm trying to set up an integration between Better Proposal and Harvest. I use Harvest to handle billing, timesheets, and client management.

The workflow I'm trying to setup:
  1. Use Better Proposal to send out proposals for review and approval
  2. When the client approves the proposal, create the client and the invoice in Harvest (using the invoice information from Better Proposal).
  3. When the client makes the payment, record the payment in Harvest.
  4. Create the project in Asana once the payment has been received.

How can I set this up in Pabbly Connect?

Thanks!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @gregv

Better Proposal - Harvest integration.

1. Use Better Proposal to send out proposals for review and approval

Create a workflow and select the Better Proposal Trigger with the " New Proposal " endpoint.
After setting up the proposal get approved by the user and then click on the " Save & Send Request ".

So that you will get the full entities in your response and further you can map those in harvest's fields.

-Select Better Proposal as Trigger.

2021-04-22_13h07_13.png

2. When the client approves the proposal, create the client and the invoice in Harvest (using the invoice information from Better Proposal).

- Adding "Filter"

And you can check the proposal is signed or not from the API Response and you can map it in your " Filter ", using filter here to verify that the user has approved/signed the proposal or not and then the process goes to Harvest Action.

2021-04-22_13h37_59.png

**Signed value is when the proposal gets accepted by the client.
The screenshot is from Better Proposal's API response
2021-04-22_15h07_48.png

If the proposal gets Signed the values changes from "0" to something which will satisfy the condition and then only the user who approved will get into the " Harvest " to create the contact.

3. When the client makes the payment, record the payment in Harvest.

2021-04-22_13h41_30.png

When the client paid you can map the " Paid " field in the Harvest to record the payment in Harvest Action.

Then you can select the Harvest Action and pick the Create the Timesheet entry or plenty of other endpoints.

2021-04-22_15h20_42.png

And now you can map the desired fields by clicking on the Fields3 stripe button.

**While connecting the Harvest Please fill in the credentials carefully.

2021-04-22_15h14_48.png

4. Create the project in Asana once the payment has been received.

-Add action in your workflow and select Asana

2021-04-22_15h26_44.png

And Connect with your Asana Account, Create a project.

For a better understanding of Asana please watch our tutorial video -

I hope this might help you.

Attachments

• 2021-04-22_15h07_48.png
    2021-04-22_15h07_48.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 2021-04-22_15h07_48.png
    2021-04-22_15h07_48.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 1619085517553.png
    1619085517553.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

gregv

Hi Verma,

Would it be possible to get an updated instruction set for Nusii? It turns out my Better Proposal account doesn't support the API.

I tried to follow the tutorial but when I use the Save & Send Request, the values don't appear to have anything useful:

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.29.25 PM.png

I'm seeing similar responses on the other triggers as well.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.24.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.24.29 PM.png
    237.3 KB · Views: 74

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @gregv

It turns out my Better Proposal account doesn't support the API.

I tried to follow the tutorial but when I use the Save & Send Request, the values don't appear to have anything useful:
In the Nusii Trigger, first, you need to click on capture webhooks response. Then you have to create the proposal in your Nusii account and approve it so that you can get webhook response as shown below -

2021-05-05_12h12_58.png

Last edited by a moderator:

gregv

Thanks for the update! I was missing the step of needing to submit the proposal. I was assuming Pabbly would have those values pre-defined but after seeing the payload, I see it's not possible as many of the fields are dynamic. My mistake but thank you for being patient with the dumb question as I learn Pabbly.

I got the Nusii payload and then configured Harvest to create a client from it but the response coming back is empty:

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 12.34.42 PM.png

It looks like the client id is required to continue setting up the next step which is to add a contact to the client, so I can't save or proceed on the workflow to the next steps:
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 12.39.30 PM.png

As a final question for this workflow, there doesn't seem to be a way to create an invoice in Harvest through Pabbly but there does appear to be a way to do it through the Harvest API: https://help.getharvest.com/api-v2/invoices-api/invoices/invoices/

Is there an easy way to set up that integration with the information from Nusii?

Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Greg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 12.34.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 12.34.42 PM.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 75

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @gregv

Please connect the Harvest Account correctly and use the help text beneath the fields.

It looks like the client id is required to continue setting up the next step which is to add a contact to the client, so I can't save or proceed on the workflow to the next steps:
Yes, here you have to map the id of the client which you have formed in the harvest.

Example -

2021-05-06_11h47_55.png

As a final question for this workflow, there doesn't seem to be a way to create an invoice in Harvest through Pabbly but there does appear to be a way to do it through the Harvest API: https://help.getharvest.com/api-v2/invoices-api/invoices/invoices/
Well as of now we don't have a Harvest action for creating the invoice.

Though you can request to an add action for the same here and upvote it - https://pabbly.hellonext.co/b/Update-Existing-Application

Last edited by a moderator: