• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Blank Entry in Ontraport

hypnomark

I have what seems to be a random problem with blank entries in Ontraport. They just pop up from time to time, but it is confusing. I thought it might be only with people from the UK, which seems to be common but not exclusive. I just located a contact from the US who had a blank entry as well, though I may not have had the time zone correct.

They all say success, but right now I can only see the data for 2 of them, because you have a limit of 15 days of history. While your app says success, Ontraport is has a blank contact entry. I checked the time stamp in Ontraport and then found the history in Pabbly Connect, so far I can tell that there are at least 3 all from the UK who have blank entries.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks,
Mark

hypnomark

Hi @hypnomark,

Please share the Task History IDs in which blank entries were passed in Ontraport.
I see something going on with this, comparing

I see something else on your end now... you are not sending the data back to Ontraport....

The ones that work include what looks like a query string, along with this api call:

Api Endpoint Url https://api.ontraport.com/1/Contacts

but the ones that do not work do not include the QS....

Here is a valid QS (Personal data removed) that is sent to the API, that works, there is no request thing for the other ones that do not work....

Request firstname=John&lastname=Dough&email=JohnDough%40gmail.com&address=Hypnosis%20Training%20Consultation&city=November%2016%2C%202023%20at%206%3A00pm&state=URL%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.zoom.us%2Fj%2F2687515050%3Fomn%3D82656532927%20%5CnMeeting%20ID%3A%202687515050&country=Scheduled%20By%3A%20&birthday=&home_phone=6508222772&company=Hypnosis%20Training%20Consultation&address2=&title=&website=

When I look at Data In for the last step with Ontraport, I do not see the QS,l not sure why it is not being sent....

Task History ID -

IjU3NjIwNTZmMDYzNjA0MzY1MjY4NTUzNTUxMzM1MTZhNTQzMyI_3D_pc​

Executed at

Nov 16, 2023 09:42:43, (UTC+00:00) America/Danmarkshavn​

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please try setting your Router Filter conditions as suggested below, and monitor your workflow for some time. If the issue reoccurs, please let me know.
1701464005520.png

1701463993528.png

hypnomark

I had it set like that before and it did not work at all. One of your support people helped me set it up the way it is.

It is working most of the time, the only time it is not working is when they are from the UK.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please give it a try once; the conditions should work. If you face any issues, you can revert the settings back to what they were. Kindly change the filter conditions as suggested above and monitor your workflow for some time to see if this fixes the issue for you.

hypnomark

Oh, I know it should work, because I set it up that way on my own before. BUT IT DID NOT WORK AT ALL, NOTHING WAS WORKING. I was not getting any new contacts or updates.

I don't want to break everything trying to fix something that does not occur very often. It would seem that if there was a problem, it would happen ALL THE TIME, not just when I have someone from the UK. I might get 2 or 3 a month like that.

Why is it only happening with people from the UK?

To be honest, I did not think it would work the way it is set up, because there seems to be flawed logic in there, comparing something to itself rather than comparing it to something else. Like If A = A, instead of if A=B, because A = A is ALWAYS true. But is has been working and was the only way we could get it to work when working with your support.

I guess I could make a copy and try that, I do not want to delete it because it is working most of the time....

hypnomark

Update...

Now it is happening with others from the US, just this morning. Most of them work, but your app is not sending the contact data to Ontraport. It is saying that the contact does not exist and tries to create the contact, so the logic is doing what it needs to do, then the Data In includes an api call to ontraport, but it is not sending the data over the Query String (QS)...

I am wondering if there are certain characters in the QS that you are not escaping, so that the QS seems invalid. For example & does not always pass and other characters are invalid in a URL....

Before it was consistently only UK contacts, now this one says New York, East Coast of US...
Task History ID -

IjU3NjIwNTZlMDYzMzA0M2M1MjY5NTUzYzUxMzc1MTY0NTQzNSI_3D_pc​

Executed at

Nov 29, 2023 15:41:58, (UTC+00:00) America/Danmarkshavn​

Notice the last Ontraport step in the history... you are not sending the QS, when I look at the others there is a QS with the API call... for some reason your system is dropping that data on the floor and not allowing it to be sent to Ontraport.

The logic works when there is a QS being sent, so that is not the problem, something is failing on your end...

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I had a discussion with the technical team, and they have informed me that, in order to resolve this issue, you need to set up your filter conditions in the following manner. I kindly request you to give it a try, and if the issue persists, please let me know.
1701463846114.png

1701463968381.png

hypnomark

I did the update and now NOTHING is happening when I create a new contact. I do not even see it in the History.
Also, it seems that the original one I was using was working most of the time, but now it has stopped working for new contacts and updates.

This was the problem I had initially, I set it up as you have told me to, and it did not work. One of your support people did a video conference with me and insisted that I check to see if email = email, basically using the same data that comes from ontraport for the email on both sides of the equation. It made no sense to me logically ( I was a programmer for 12 years) but she insisted and it seemed to work so I went with that.

Now it is no longer working and your fix is not working at all... create contact does not work and update contact does not work.
I created a new one called:

Dec 6 - Edit - Acuity to Ontraport - Update/Create​

The one I was using is not working very often even people in the US are not consistently being added or updated.

Last edited:

hypnomark

No, those are the Filter conditions you are supposed to use in both of your Routes.
It is not working, I did what you said and nothing works, no new contacts and no updates.
I created a new workflow, that starts with Dec 6. Ran a couple of tests for a new contact and an existing contact and it did not work. Nothing is there, I do not even see the history.

Looking at the one that is now active, it is not working as much as it was before, the ones that work seem to have 5 steps, but a lot of them have 4 steps. I did not change anything on that one, and it was working most of the time, but now it is not working most of the time.

Why is it so difficult to get this working? I have worked as a web developer for 12 years and still work on my site, so I can usually figure these things out, but this is not working and I am starting to think I made a mistake paying for a year.

You claim it works and your support person told me to set it up the way it is, but now you are telling me that is not right and your solution does not seem to be working either.

What do I need to do to get this working? I do not have time to keep playing around with solutions that do not work. Is there anyone there who can help me get this working?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member

The fact that there are no tasks in your workflow history means that no appointment has been captured through Acquity Scheduling. It has nothing to do with the Filter conditions you have set for this workflow (they haven't been tested at all).

I suggest you enable this workflow and make a new appointment in your Acquity Scheduling account. Unless a new appointment is captured, you won't be able to determine whether the conditions you set work or not

1701967107859.png

hypnomark

OK, I turned it on and it did not work, so I turned it back off to use the other workflow that works sometimes.

I did not realize I had to go thru the new workflow and save and send test request... It seems it is not working.... I"ll see when people schedule. I have missed a lot of leads

Last edited:

ArshilAhmad

Staff member

I have made a slight change to Route 1 of your workflow. Please create a test appointment for a user who doesn't exist in your Ontraport account; this user will be added to your Ontraport account. Kindly refrain from making any changes to the setup of your workflow; just create a test appointment in Acquity.