• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

"Leave blank to ignore this Field" means empty field data cannot be sent to Webflow

I cannot update Webflow CMS data with blank values from a form as Pabbly does not submit any blank values!

How can I get around this? I want a user to be able to clear data from optional CMS fields, by leaving form info blank when they submit. But this gets ignored by Pabby connect because of the "Leave blank to ignore this Field"...

Last edited:

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @karlreynolds

Kindly provide us with the workflow name or the workflow URL in which you are getting the issue so we can check on it and guide you further.

As an example, the second action in the workflow "2. Update Listing : Update Live Item" will not send any fields to the Webflow API if they are blank. The form that populates the trigger has fields that a user can fill out or leave blank if they wish. So if a field in the Webflow CMS already has a value, it will not get overwritten by a blank value when the user wants to clear it. This is the issue, I want users to be able to clear values in the Webflow CMS by submitting blank field data.

It works if I use the Pabbly Connect API to connect to Webflow, as it allows you to submit blank fields. But this takes way longer to set up and I would prefer to use the Webflow app integration instead.

Arshita

Staff member
We have made some changes to your workflow, I request you to please check and test the workflow from your end and let me know if you are still facing the same issue.

Hi. The fields are still not submitting blank information to Webflow, they are still being ignored. I need no fields in Pabbly to be ignored, all need to submit to Webflow, even if blank.

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @karlreynolds

I would like to inform you that the data LISTINGID, which is being received from the above Webflow trigger application, is not being populated in automation.

As a result, it is not being passed on to the Webflow action step, which requires this field to be filled as this is a required field.
To resolve this issue, I kindly request you to correct the mapping.

Also, I would like to inform you that if you wish to leave a field blank and pass a blank or null response, please use the {{skip}} instead of {{pc_skip_feild}}.
By using {{skip}}, the field data will be erased and replaced with a blank or null value.

Screenshot for your reference:

1686140785453.png

If you have any concerns, please let me know.