• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Creating multiple line items on Zoho Books

Foreal

Hi Pabbly Connect Community,

I'm trying to automate creating estimates in Zohobooks whenever a Jotform is submitted for our Airbnb-style business. I've successfully set up the Zap to create the estimate with the rental fee as the first line item. However, I need to add a second line item for the refundable security deposit in all estimates.

I tried adding a "Zohobooks - Update Estimate" action after the initial creation, but it replaced all existing data instead of adding the deposit as a new line item.

My Goal:
  • For every JotForm submission, automatically create a Zohobooks estimate with two line items:
    • Line Item 1: Rental Fee (already working)
    • Line Item 2: Refundable Security Deposit (from JotForm field)
What I've Tried:
  • Created a Zap with JotForm trigger and Zohobooks "Create Estimate" action for the rental fee.
  • Added a subsequent "Update Estimate" action to include the deposit, but it overwrites everything.
How can I modify my Zap to automatically add the security deposit as a second line item to all Zohobooks estimates generated from JotForm submissions? I'm open to different approaches, including custom fields or alternative actions.
Thank you for any help you can provide!

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Foreal,

You can use a comma to separate two line items and enter the 'Refundable Security Deposit' as Line Item 2 in this manner.
1702664533508.png

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please try clearing this entire field of Line Item Reverse Charge Tax Id and see if this fixes the issue for you.
1702747253700.png

Foreal

Please try clearing this entire field of Line Item Reverse Charge Tax Id and see if this fixes the issue for you.
View attachment 35380
Thank you so much for your responses. I am still getting the same error message after clearing this Line Item Reverse Charge Tax ID.
Kindly note that i was just trying out different ideas to fix this and this is why the field was even filled. It used to be empty, meanwhile i get the same error message.

1702750371763.png

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @Foreal

Could you please confirm whether you have set the "Reverse Tax ID" field as required in your Zoho Books account? This field might be the reason why you are facing difficulties in creating estimates in the Zoho Books account.

1702895110140.png

Arshita

Staff member
Thank you for confirming.

Please allow me some time to check your concern with our team. I will get back to you soon.

Arshita

Staff member
We require additional time to investigate your concern thoroughly. Rest assured, we will notify you with an update. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Foreal

We require additional time to investigate your concern thoroughly. Rest assured, we will notify you with an update. Your patience is highly appreciated.
I understand the team needs some more time on this. I just thought to follow up.
Our discovery of Pabbly and it's ability to create multi-steps is one game changer for us. It would totally elevate our game in 2024.
Anticipating a response at your convenience.
Thanks

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @Foreal

I appreciate your follow-up, and I want to assure you that our team is diligently working on your inquiry. I assure you that we are doing our best to address your needs comprehensively.

I truly appreciate your patience in this matter.

Foreal

Hey @Foreal

I appreciate your follow-up, and I want to assure you that our team is diligently working on your inquiry. I assure you that we are doing our best to address your needs comprehensively.

Hi Arshita,
Happy New Year!

I wanted to check in once more. This automation could be a gamechanger for my organization if it works.

Or should I consider breaking it into two single steps to achieve the multi-step process?

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @Foreal

I appreciate your follow-up, and our team is working on your concern. I assure you that we are doing our best to address your needs comprehensively.

Arshita

Staff member
Thank you for sharing the credentials.
Please allow me some time to check with our team. I will get back to you soon.

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @Foreal

Thank you for your patience.
We've removed the "Reference line item Tax ID" field from the action step of creating an estimate in Zoho Books. Kindly confirm from your end and inform us if it is functioning as expected.

1705738606910.png

Foreal

Hey @Foreal

Thank you for your patience.
We've removed the "Reference line item Tax ID" field from the action step of creating an estimate in Zoho Books. Kindly confirm from your end and inform us if it is functioning as expected.

View attachment 36922
Thank you so much.
I noticed there's a "Create Estimate (beta)". It works now.

But i am facing another challenge.
While the automation works, it will encounter an error if the customer already exists. Is there a way to set a condition that if the customer exists, maybe using email as a unique identifier, find the contact and use that to create the Estimate?
Thank you so much for your relentless support, I'm grateful.

Ade

1706107952321.png