• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Elementor Forms to Excel - some fields stay empty

Dear Pabbly Team,

I have an Elementor form which is sending data to my Excel sheet via Pabbly Connect. The task is to create a new row in Excel, which is working. So far so good, the webhook is working and if I send the test data, everything is fine.

Sometimes though, if someone fills in the form on the website and it is not the test data which is send via the Pabbly backend, two columns stay empty in my excel row (marked in yellow on the screenshot). Pabbly does not transfer the data to these specific cells and I cannot find out why. I tried to send the value and also the raw value (where is the difference anyway?) but both did not work out.

Some more information: One of the cells should transfer a number (1, 2 or 3) and the other should transfer a word. Both original input types are dropdown selects in the element or form.

Is this a known issue?
Kind regards
Marcel

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-13 um 07.55.24.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-13 um 07.55.24.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
We couldn't locate your workflow associated with your registered email address. Could you please provide us with any alternative email addresses you might be using for this workflow?

Supreme

Staff member
From one of your task executions, it's evident that the mapped data label did not appear in Elementor. Consequently, you are experiencing a lack of values in the Excel sheet in certain executions.

So, kindly check the same from the Elementor form.

2023-09-13_17h54_56.png

I am sorry to say, but now there is another issue:
The file says

Success: The response received from the Microsoft Excel app is shown below:

then there is the correct list with the data, but in the end it says:

Res3 Error CodeInvalidArgument
Res3 Error MessageThe number of rows or columns in the input array doesn't match the size or dimensions of the range.
Res3 Error InnerError CodeinvalidArgument
Res3 Error InnerError MessageThe number of rows or columns in the input array doesn't match the size or dimensions of the range.
Res3 Error InnerError Date2023-09-13T15:47:54
Res3 Error InnerError Request-id2687b877-9566-4fbc-86f3-930e50ebdb90
Res3 Error InnerError Client-request-id2687b877-9566-4fbc-86f3-930e50ebdb90

Again, if I am using the pabbly webhook test, everything works fine

I am sorry to say, but now there is another issue:
The file says

Success: The response received from the Microsoft Excel app is shown below:

then there is the correct list with the data, but in the end it says:

Res3 Error CodeInvalidArgument
Res3 Error MessageThe number of rows or columns in the input array doesn't match the size or dimensions of the range.
Res3 Error InnerError CodeinvalidArgument
Res3 Error InnerError MessageThe number of rows or columns in the input array doesn't match the size or dimensions of the range.
Res3 Error InnerError Date2023-09-13T15:47:54
Res3 Error InnerError Request-id2687b877-9566-4fbc-86f3-930e50ebdb90
Res3 Error InnerError Client-request-id2687b877-9566-4fbc-86f3-930e50ebdb90

Again, if I am using the pabbly webhook test, everything works fine

I found out that this error occures if someone leaves blank a not required field in the form. How can I tell the script to skip the cell if the field in the form is left empty by the user?

Supreme

Staff member
I found out that this error occures if someone leaves blank a not required field in the form. How can I tell the script to skip the cell if the field in the form is left empty by the user?
Can you please reconnect the action step once and then try again?

I did that twice now. The result is still the same.

The only way to solve the error is to give a fixed value in advance of the field value, like I did with the value "Nachricht:" in front of the value. The other way would be of course to mark the fields in the form as required.
Otherwise, always if a user does not fill a non required field, you will get the error.

Supreme

Staff member
Otherwise, always if a user does not fill a non required field, you will get the error.
In that case, we recommend you use the Default Value action step which will pass a predefined value when some fields are not filled by the user.