• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Error handling with Timeouts

Graffiki

I'm running an API to generate a response from OPENAI and I often (but not always) get a timeout as the process to generate is longer than allowed by the server on the Pabbly side.

So, two questions:
1. Is there a way to get more time to prevent timeouts (I've seen your post about sending initial API call and Get the response after waiting some time, but that's not possible here with OPENAIs API).
2. If I do get a timeout error, is it possible to automatically retry that step of the process with no manual steps?
3. Is there any other workaround here that you could offer as a solution?

Cheers and thanks for your help :) 👍

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Graffiki

We have increased the OpenAI Generate Content Timeout window to 40 seconds for a brief period of time. Despite not being the best course of action,

Please be aware that users on many platforms have reported having similar issues.

We have let the OpenAI team know the best approach to handle this use case. We sent them an email, but we haven't heard back from them.

The letter that was submitted to the OpenAI organization is posted below. I suggest that users send the following message from their own end as well.

Graffiki

Hey @Graffiki

We have increased the OpenAI Generate Content Timeout window to 40 seconds for a brief period of time. Despite not being the best course of action,

Please be aware that users on many platforms have reported having similar issues.

We have let the OpenAI team know the best approach to handle this use case. We sent them an email, but we haven't heard back from them.

The letter that was submitted to the OpenAI organization is posted below. I suggest that users send the following message from their own end as well.

Thanks for the increase and feedback. I will also message them 👍

Could you let me know about error handling it would be useful if I'm able to get the step to retry automatically.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Graffiki

Could you let me know about error handling it would be useful if I'm able to get the step to retry automatically.
Once you make the desired changes in your workflow after correction, you can simply re-execute the failed task.

1675167886192.png

Graffiki

Thanks, normally the errors are from timeouts as in the example above and only happen occasionally (I guess based on server load at the time of generation).

Therefore it would be ideal if the workflow would auto-retry until successful with no input from a human. Is this possible?

The reason it's important to me is I'm making a tool and I cannot have a user (or me) come into pabbly to manually execute every time it timeouts.