• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google drive new file trigger

Hi,
When I'm uploading an image (which existed earlier on my computer but was just now uploaded in google drive) inside google drive and my trigger is "New File" in Google Drive then why is it not running the flow?
The trigger works well on new doc or spreadsheet creation inside the drive. Also, it detects images that are new in my computer but why is it not identifying new images uploaded which are newly uploaded in drive but older in my system?
This is urgent please help asap!

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tanya Saxena

Kindly check whether the image URL you are passing is publicly accessible or not. If the issue still persists we recommend you to record a short video.

So here are two videos showing how the trigger works for Newly downloaded images but doesn't work for file which ALREADY EXIST IN SYSTEM(MY COMPUTER) BUT WERE NEWLY uploaded in GOOGLE DRIVE

Attachments

• DOESNT WORK FOR EXITING IMAGES IN MY DRIVE.mp4
    1.2 MB

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tanya Saxena

The trigger event will fetch the new file only if you are trying to run the automation for existing files then I am sorry that the trigger event will not fetch the existing file.

By existing means (existing in My computer) but not existing in DRIVE. SO when its uploaded its new to Google drive
And an update: Today it didn't trigger for newly downloaded files as well.

Supreme

Staff member
Have you tried the "Google Drive: New File in Specific Folder" trigger event to get the new file?

@Supreme

Yes, I did. Same situation. Not triggering. The issue wasn't earlier. Earlier I tested the flow on soo many images uploads it always triggered the flow and worked. This issue is happening since yesterday.

Even I've tried creating new workflows and tried connecting different google accounts also but the issue is same, it isn't triggering and running the flow from yesterday

Please help!

Last edited:
I've created a 30-40 step workflow which further is connected to similar 20-20 step 2 workflows that relies on this 1 trigger so it's really important. I hope you understand. @Supreme

@Supreme
To test this I've also created a short 2-step test workflow with 'Google Drive' 'New file' as a trigger.
But the situation is the same. I've tried uploading images, creating new docs, and waiting for 10-20 mins it is not running the flow automatically.
The taste history has 0 executions
But when I'm doing 'Save and send test' the uploads can be seen.

This means the issue is in '10 mins' check that it does. Please check with the tech team or whatever is possible. I hope you understand.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 54
  • save and send test1.jpg
    save and send test1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 44

Supreme

Staff member
We have checked the same at our end with the Google Drives' trigger event and it is working fine.

1689766964339.png

1689767036765.png

Then why is it not triggered for our account? and why suddenly it has it started showing '8 hours' from '10 mins'? I've been using Pabbly for so long and have successfully built so many workflows. I have always been happy with Pabbly. It has never happened earlier.
222.jpg

The workflow history and drive:

3333.jpg

4444.jpg

Supreme

Staff member
We checked on your workflow and your Google Drive trigger event captured the webhook response in live workflow.

1689828246145.png

@Supreme
I didn't say that it is not identifying any upload at all. Please try to understand the issue and all I need is a solution to the issue.
Problem: "It is not identifying some triggers, working on some uploads, and not triggering on others". The issue isn't that it is not triggering at all the issue is that is not triggering on every upload.
I've even recorded a video with the problem that it isn't acting on some uploads, but running on some uploads and shared your screenshots.

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
As we can see from your workflow, the latest history log is capturing the webhook response.

1689836299757.png

But for your exceptional trigger response can you provide the record, so that we can try the same at our end?

mikec29526

Hey @Tanya Saxena

Kindly check whether the image URL you are passing is publicly accessible or not. If the issue still persists we recommend you to record a short video.

For this New File in Google Drive to work - do we need to set the permission on a folder in Drive to anyone with the link (viewer permission)?