• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Sheets new action 'Copy Paste Data'

I am not able to understand what value should I write in these 8 mapping fields - "source row & column start index, source row & column end index and also in destination row & column start index and destination row & column end index". I tried many ways. But failed. Error 400 is showing up. Ive attached a screenshot.

Ex - I want to copy data from D2 and paste it dynamically in D3:D1000 , in the same column & in the same worksheet.

Attachments

• msg.jpg
    msg.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 58

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
I am not able to understand what value should I write in these 8 mapping fields - "source row & column start index, source row & column end index and also in destination row & column start index and destination row & column end index". I tried many ways. But failed. Error 400 is showing up. Ive attached a screenshot.

Ex - I want to copy data from D2 and paste it dynamically in D3:D1000 , in the same column & in the same worksheet.
You need to put the source row start index and source row end index. You're entering range currently which is not correct -

1620909407484.png

I deleted those two mapped values which you asked me to, and instead tried writing 2 statically in the mapping field. ( ex - As I want to copy data from row 2 i.e, C2. And further want the same data to be pasted from C col - row 3 to row 11 ) . But it is still showing the same error.

I've already tried all possible ways I could, since many hours now.

Actually I am not able to understand the meaning of 'source row start index etc' -- i mean - what is expected to write in the mapping field. . I even searched these terms on Google but couldnot get the answer.

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the screenshot showing what is row index and column index -

1620912572357.png

1620912797040.png

Both of them start in the following format - 0,1, 2, 3, 4, 5...and so on.

Further we will make sure to update the help instructions as well.

Last edited:
Thanks . Your above screenshots clarified the concept of what is row index & column index.

I tried. This time there is no error. Webhook response captured the spreadsheet ID only.

But the objective of copying data from ex - C2 and pasting it just below it , in the range C3:C100 - didn't happen. Nothing happened.
I expected copying data from a source cell range & pasting it in destination cell range from the "Choose action method-Copy Paste Data.

Is this action method meant for any other purpose ? I think a clear step by step guide will be needed.