• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

LinkedIn : Share an Article or URL (v2)

mdb

LinkedIn throws errors posting to my business page most of the time, on rare occasion it does work.
for context I also post the same text to Google My Business and Facebook and never have issues with those.

1665741657501.png

Sometimes it will truncate the message:

1665741752504.png

Sometimes it will post everything that's supposed to be posted:
1665741851541.png

But in all cases it never, ever, posts a picture with the post at all, unlike when I do it manually:

1665742014036.png

I can live without the picture posting, but the truncating of text really is a problem.
The workflow is called: Instagram to Social Media Syndication

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mdb

Please allow us some time, we are currently looking into it. Looks like the caption of the Instagram post which you are receiving from Instagram was getting truncated even before getting received by Pabbly's trigger event.

mdb

Hey @Supreme

Any update on the truncating? I created a completely new workflow for testing purposes,

This one goes from Trello to Google Sheets (text gets there complete, no trunaction)
1666026786345.png

Then another workflow from Google Sheets to text replace.
Pulling the data from Google sheets as a trigger is an automatic truncation, essentially rendering any other step useless.

1666026756062.png

Supreme

Staff member
LinkedIn throws errors posting to my business page most of the time, on rare occasion it does work.
for context I also post the same text to Google My Business and Facebook and never have issues with those.

View attachment 16865

Sometimes it will truncate the message:

View attachment 16866

Sometimes it will post everything that's supposed to be posted:
View attachment 16867

But in all cases it never, ever, posts a picture with the post at all, unlike when I do it manually:

View attachment 16868

I can live without the picture posting, but the truncating of text really is a problem.
The workflow is called: Instagram to Social Media Syndication
Regarding your concern about truncating the text, so as per Linkedin's API documentation the API has reserved the small brackets text -(test Test)- for some functionality, if you add anything in the bracket it will truncate the whole text afterward.

You can also refer to the following documentation once for the same.

mdb

@Supreme

What are other tools doing to use the API AND be able to post text with brackets?

This post below was made with a different tool that also ties into the API, not only that it posts as the company, allows for an image, and has no issues whatsoever with the brackets.

1666098392550.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mdb

Kindly allow us, we are currently looking into your concern. I shall notify you with an update soon.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mdb

We have made some changes in the Linkeding action step and it should work now.

Kindly try it once and then let us know how it works for you.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mdb

The trigger and action responses will show the API response up to 500 characters long; after that, they will display any truncated characters as triple dots. Note that the data will still be there and it's just that in the front end, it will not be shown for resource optimization. Additionally, up to 250 key-value pairs will appear on the screen if the user is recording the response in an advanced format.

However, in real-time, it will deliver the entire data from Pabbly's server to the application without truncation, and the workflow will work without any issues.

mdb

@Supreme

The problem with that as far as I'm seeing is that when I put that exact text through the text replacer, it still doesn't see the full text:

1666186268422.png

This wasn't the case a couple of days ago, I was able to see the full text and verify that the text replacer was doing it's job correctly, that has now completely been stripped.

mdb

@Supreme In addition to the above; since the text is not formatting correctly, the next step in the workflow is to post to google my business which fails miserably because it's supposed to remove the extra characters so it fits down to 1500 characters. Instead it can't find the text since it's still malforming or truncating somewhere:

1666194430822.png

Supreme

Staff member
@Supreme

The problem with that as far as I'm seeing is that when I put that exact text through the text replacer, it still doesn't see the full text:

View attachment 17052

This wasn't the case a couple of days ago, I was able to see the full text and verify that the text replacer was doing it's job correctly, that has now completely been stripped.

We have increased the character limit from our end in the trigger and action steps response. So, please try once at your end and let us know if that helps you out.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mdb

Seems in your content you are getting slash before a dot from your Instagram and because of that your Linkedin action step is not working.

So, to avoid such a situation you can use the "Replace Text" action step to replace the \. by .