• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Publishing Checkout Page and adding SSL on Custom Domain

Publishing Checkout Page on Custom Domain

Pabbly Subscriptions has launched a new “Custom Domain Feature” which allows you to have your own custom domain for the Checkout Page.

Each plan in Pabbly Subscriptions has a unique Checkout page link.

Let’s assume that your website is – “yourcompanydomain.com”

and you want to use a custom domain like – “checkout.yourcompanydomain.com” for your checkout page.

For Example:

https://checkout.yourcompanydomain.com/subscribe/f0fec5f55e:f0fec5f55e/TP

In order to accomplish this, please follow these steps:

Step 1
: Set up your custom domain in your Pabbly Subscription Billing account
Once you create a CNAME record on your custom domain with a value of “custom.pabbly.com”, follow the below steps:

A. Login into your Pabbly Subscription Billing account.

B. Go to settings ->Custom domain.

C. Enter your custom domain in the field that you see on the screen and click on Map Custom Domain button.
AkxRLwKdh3cQgKZ_zDVEX5zFt6ZYsT7Jr6-OQPsUuF6vzaT7brtdLSnY7putBWWRXiH2BaNWE8BamrRMIUtVo_unF-YpP4XNJMatZL2xeDA0v7QwDHDU6fulW65wIgQV9DIzDene7-W6zgkwWw
1671855441791.png

D. Follow the steps displayed on the screen. To add a CNAME:

• Go to your domain name provider’s website and locate the DNS management page.
  • Add a CNAME record which points to “custom.pabbly.com” with the name of your custom domain.
  • You can give any host name of your choice. For example, We are using “checkout”, as shown in the link below.
  • Here is how it will look like in the DNS record:
“checkout.yourcompanydomain.com CNAME custom.pabbly.com“
Host name: Your subdomain name

CNAME: custom.pabbly.com

Once, you’re done with the above steps. Hit on submit & verify
0xPC3xMTiyCyxdKqB6ER0IclLLwc_oxUp2lvtR9b3c_YOYg1V4RsR5GpDhYcl3nv2yEhjNT6iFAb_wmTBpS4hbLdZTErZaZr0GmI8QWugsqstaOXSWWMyFN7KpFkrUfYyKAAZPR1IVyZ2N3yMQ
1671855468179.png

E. That’s all! You’re all ready. Your custom domain would be activated and displayed in checkout page URLs, thank you page URLs, shareable invoice URLs, affiliate sign up URL, & Client Portal Sign in URL.

How to Change DNS on Cloudflare for Custom Domain in Pabbly Subscription BillingWatch the Video tutorial here.

How to add SSL to your Custom Domain:

Every now & then we have been asked: ” Our domain has SSL activated, why I can’t see SSL with Custom Domain?”

Your custom domain is the subdomain of your website (domain). We create a new subdomain for your checkout page. A subdomain is a part of your domain but the changes/features on main domain do not get reflected on your subdomain automatically. All the feature of your domain and subdomain needs to be added one at a time respectively. In the same way, SSL on the main domain will not work for the subdomain. You need to activate SSL for the subdomain, In this case, Custom Domain to make sure your Checkout Page is secure.

See, For example, This is our generic checkout URL:
You requested a Custom domain as (https://checkout.abc.com). (https://abc.com) is your main domain and you have SSL activated for it.
We created the custom domain as (http://checkout.abc.com). Since this is a subdomain, you need to activate the SSL to ensure your customer checkout data is safe.

Here is the easy way to add the SSL to your sub-domain-

1. Go to Cloudflare (https://www.cloudflare.com/), log in to your dashboard. Now, add your site after clicking on the “Add Site” button on the page.
1637923323558.png

2. Once you added your site, the popup window will appear like this-

PopUp Window

Click on the “Next” button to continue the process.

3. It will redirect you to the plan, select one of the plans to add the SSL in your sub-domain. You can choose the FREE plan without having to pay anything.

Select Plan

4. Confirm the purchase, after clicking on the “Purchase” button.

Confirm Purchase

5. DNS Query Result – Cloudflare will scan your website completely and let you know about the missing records so that you can add them and complete the process to secure your website.

DNS Query Result

6. Change your nameserver from your current DNS provider. Your current DNS provider might be someone from whom you have purchased your domain name. For example Godaddy, NameCheap etc.

Change your nameserver

7. Once you have added the Nameserver, you can click on the Recheck Nameservers button.

Recheck Nameservers

8. Once the Nameservers are added, you will see the Active mention on the CloudFlare Dashboard.

Active Status

9. You can click on the name of the site and a settings panel will open up. Click on DNS menu on the top to open the DNS window.

DNS menu

10. Add the CNAME & it’s alias value and clicks on the “Add Record ” button.

Once you follow the steps, your CNAME will get added like this-

Add Record

11. Now, click on the Crypto option to the submenu and select “Full” in the SSL part. The current status of your “Universal SSL” will be “Initializing Certificate”.

Universal SSL

12. And once your DNS record will be added then the status of “Universal SSL” will be changed to “Active Certificate”.

Active Certificate

Last edited by a moderator:

DanielN

Is it possible to have more then one custom sub domain?

Example
checkout.domain.com, for checkout links
portal.domain.com, for customers
affiliate.domain.com, for affiliates

P

PabblyMember2

Hi,
Only one custom domain can be used for all the links.

MTA

I have a list of records that come up, should I delete all in the Cloudflare list until I'm left with the main A record (for the root domain)?

Also, I guess I have to add the CNAME for the subdomain afterwards on the Cloudflare side (and not on the Namecheap side)?

Thanks,
M

P

PabblyMember2

Hey,
Please refer to the following video tutorial for your guidance -

P

PabblyMember2

Hello Jim,

We checked and found that your custom domain is working fine.
Also, we have replied to your ticket that you raised with us. Kindly check it once.

jhankins

Yes, I see the reply, it's not working for me. :) (provided screen shot). Can you kindly explain how you're testing? I'm just entering https://payments.cloudbedrock.com and getting a 404. Should I be pointing to a specific directory or page? I get an Ngnix 404 page. So not working for me. I have tried locally on all my machines and also via a workspace in AWS. Receiving 404 everywhere. Can you please check further?

Thanks

jhankins

Oh, I see. It's only for the specific product. There's no root page element. That was the confusing thing for me. All set. Thanks.

Regards,

Jim

P

PabblyMember2

Hello Matt,

We would like to let you know that you do not need to send the custom domain request to us now. You can directly map and verify the custom domain in your Pabbly account and start using it.

As we can see, your custom domain is now active in your account and running seamlessly. Kindly check once at your end.

Regards,
Akanksha