• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Question about setting YouTube thumbnail

wolston

I followed all the steps in this video which explains how to upload video from Google sheets to YouTube . However it is missing and important component - setting YouTube thumbnail.

I feel like it should have been a part of video upload action but it isn't. The video upload action only contains title description tags, video file, and categories but not the video thumbnail.

Will I need to create a new trigger and action to set YouTube thumbnail or will I be able to add thumbnail in the same workflow shown in the video? If I need to create a new trigger+action, how do I retrieve the most recent video ID so that I can set it s custom thumbnail?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @wolston

If you upload a video on Youtube, it itself set the thumbnail automatically.

And if you want to set your customized thumbnail via URL then you can use the "Set Thumbnail" action step after uploading the video with the help of the "Upload Video" action step.

Will I need to create a new trigger and action to set YouTube thumbnail or will I be able to add thumbnail in the same workflow shown in the video? If I need to create a new trigger+action, how do I retrieve the most recent video ID so that I can set it s custom thumbnail?
Further, when you will run the upload video action step then you will get the video ID in response which you can use to set the thumbnail in the action step.

mrclean

I just followed this video as well. There is no way to map "video id" into the youtube "set thumbnail" action step from any response in the "upload video" action step. Please tell me where I can find the video id with an example.

mrclean

ok i think i figured it out. You can't get the video id from the "upload video" action step. You have to create another youtube action step called "get video upload status". From there use the value "youtuberesponse ID" and if will have a small string you can use as the data in the set thumbnail step.