• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Run a 2nd workflow, after the 1st is complete.

Greetings, I have some issues, hope you get some help. Thanks

I want to run a second workflow after the first workflow is complete.

Originally I had 2 iterators in my workflow, but this wasn't working as expected, as the first iterator was executing the second iterator.
So I decided to split the iterators in individual workflows.

The first iterator workflow is triggered by schedule by pabbly and I want to trigger the second workflow ONLY after the first workflow is completed.

How to do this? I am approaching this problem correctly?

Thanks

Fagun Shah

You can send data from one workflow to another using API module in pabbly. Just use 2nd Workflow's webhook trigger URL as Endpoint URL in API module of 1st workflow.

Now there are two places where you can setup this API module depending on your usecase :

1. Before iterator where you just pass value of delay in webhook in API module. Use this when you do not need to send data from iterator to another workflow.

2. After iterator. If you use this then it will get executed each time it goes through iterator. So it will trigger 2nd workflow multiple times. If you do not want that then you can add filter step as 2nd step in workflow2. Where you only let it through if it is the last value of the first workflow(here I assume you already know last value of 1st workflow).

I can help best if I know the exact workflow in screenshot or screenrecording ith audio where you describe steps.

Feel free to connect with me FB to solve this - https://www.facebook.com/fagun.shah.7/

Hermes

An option that you can try is the following.
Workflow 2:
- start with original webhook
- Data forwarder by webhook
- Delay (for 1 minute)
- Do steps from workflow 2

Workflow 1
- Webhook (copy url to data forwarder in workflow 2)
- Do steps from workflow 1

By using data forward you will receive all info from workflow 1 inside workflow 2 without having to end with an api as Fagun suggested (what would be a good solution but you need to know how to do api calls).

Thanks @Hermes
I didnt know about Data Forwarder, thanks for the input.

Both approaches are good, but I have decided to go trigger this with @Fagun Shah second solution.
By knowing my last row, I am going to use a Filter Step. After the Filter step I can have either the Data Forwarder or the Pabbly API. Both work.

Thanks a lot