• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

userID variable not being passed into POST API calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting data via webhook and one of the values is userID from my chatbot.
I am sending this variable to Google Sheets along with other info. I am also initiating API calls where userID is a dynamic value, which I am mapping correctly.
However, in random cases, the userID doesn't populate in both the action blocks .i.e GS action and even when sending out the API call.

In GS, the relevant value shows up as blank in GS.
During the API call, the actual value isn't replaced at all and cos of this the API call breaks.

Can you please look into this and suggest what am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-12-28 01-09-43.png
    Screenshot from 2021-12-28 01-09-43.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot from 2021-12-28 01-09-22.png
    Screenshot from 2021-12-28 01-09-22.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot from 2021-12-28 01-08-48.png
    Screenshot from 2021-12-28 01-08-48.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 53

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @botbuilders_tech

For your concern, kindly use the "userId field" in the set parameters and map the value further in the respective field. Kindly check out the following screenshot for a better understanding.

Though we have re-executed your recent execution and it is working fine.

2021-12-28_12h00_36.png

Thanks

Thanks for your inputs @Supreme ...

However, there are a couple of points I would like to highlight here.

1) the userID doesn't insert even for Google Sheet action.
2) i am using custom API call with JSON payload being sent. So, I can't set the Parameters like you showed. I tried adding a userid in the JSON body, but it didn't work. Can you give me the correct format?

I have recorded a detailed video for your reference. Do check it out for more details.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @botbuilders_tech

Else you can add a delay action step so that API by Pabbly gets the Id/Value which is mapped onto it.

Though we have tried that too and it is working too.

2021-12-28_11h48_05.png

unfortunately this doesn't explain why the userID isn't being sent to Google sheets.
Can you look into that as well, please?
The userID should be mapped to values 0 0 in the google sheet action.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-12-28 01-09-22.png
    Screenshot from 2021-12-28 01-09-22.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 54

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @botbuilders_tech

As we can see in your recent execution the API's response is coming directly from their end(Date Out) and since the Data In which the data is being sent from our end is fine.

So, kindly contact the applciation's support team as the message is showing that the resource which you called upon doesn't exist.

2021-12-28_14h35_51.png

You still haven't responded to my query about userID not being inserted into Google sheet.

And you had shared another screenshot earlier where you said the API call worked after adding 1min delay.
Can you please share the Data In for this?

By the way, the API call works fine within swagger and other tools. It doesn't fire from within Pabbly only as i believe the userID isn't being inserted properly

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @botbuilders_tech
unfortunately this doesn't explain why the userID isn't being sent to Google sheets.
Can you look into that as well, please?
The userID should be mapped to values 0 0 in the google sheet action.

As we can see in your cloned workflow the UserID field is passing perfectly in the respective action fields of your workflow.
Further, if you are still not getting the mapped values passed then kindly re-authorize your Google Sheets action step and try again.

2021-12-28_15h53_38.png

2021-12-28_15h57_54.png

Status
Not open for further replies.