• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Wordpress blog post to Heartbeat thread

Bizforge

Hello, I previously was able, with your staff help, to successfully setup workflows for a Google sheets to Heartbeat workflow. I cloned and amended that workflow for WP by removing the google sheets step and adding in a Wordpress step. For the wordpress I have added and tested the connection, and been able to get a result back from correct post category.

I have made a WP post category called ALL-staging with a published post entitled "test post 1" and a Heatbeat Channel with the same name.

What are the additional steps to the workflow needed to take the text from any published post from that category and post the same content to a Heartbeat channel as a thread with as much of the same data as possible? Thanks

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Bizforge,

Based on my limited understanding of your use case, I am assuming you want to post any new posts made in the 'ALL-staging' category to your Heartbeat channel. However, for this use case, the way you have set up your workflow currently will not work.

You can set up WordPress as your trigger application to capture new posts, but even this won't help you fetch posts related to a specific category (it will fetch all new posts).

Bizforge

Thanks. Yes, from my previous workflow building experience I expected this. With this restriction the point is still to place them in one place in WordPress and have each one taken and be posted in same place in Heartbeat to be moved into the correct categories. With that in mind what modifications to the workflow are necessary?

Bizforge

Is it possible to take a word press post and save into a Google sheet? If so, what steps do I need to complete that as I have already added connections to the WP blog and the Google Sheets account.

Last edited:

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
You can save WordPress posts in Google Sheets, but the issue lies in saving the posts made in only a particular category (ALL-staging). It's not possible to save only specific posts and skip others. You have to save all the posts.

Bizforge

Understood, what we will do is set up WP multisite, so that all the posts are from a specific sub site of wordpress- not the main site. In this case where we can pull all new posts, regardless of category, how would we accomplish this?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
If you skip to the 5:16 minute mark of the video, you will notice an option to select the post type that triggers your workflow. Could you please check in your WordPress account to see if you have the option to select 'All-staging' in this post type list? If you do, kindly choose that particular post type and follow the exact steps outlined in the video to set up WordPress as your trigger application. This way, you won't need to rely on any workarounds, and you will be able to capture any new posts made in 'All-staging'.