• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Workflow Help to add new file name (in OneDrive) to an Excel tab based on parent folder

I am trying to accomplish the following: Create a production log for a law firm in OneDrive.
Top folder is: State Clients, under this each client has a folder with their name, ClientLast, FirstName, the next level has 2 folders: Disclosures and Discovery, and each 3 further subfolders: Section A, Section B, Section C.

I have an Excel log file that lives in the Disclosures subfolder. When a new file is added to either Section A, Section B, or Section C folders, I want the name added to the appropriate tab on the log file. Excel sheet names correspond to Section A, Section B, Section C.

I have not found how to parse out the immediate folder to match to the tab. Ideally, I would also like to pass the client folder name to a router so this automation will work for all clients, rather than needing to set up a separate automation for each client.

Any help is appreciated, how can I parse out these folder names from the file path of the new file?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @JayleenSFS

In Pabbly Connect, set up the workflow to trigger when a new file is added to any "Section A," "Section B," or "Section C" folder within your OneDrive structure. Use the "Text Formatter" tool to split the file path by the `/` delimiter, extracting the client folder name (2nd element) and the section folder name (4th element).

With the help of the Router action step, you can route the workflow based on the section folder name to update the corresponding Excel tab (Section A, B, or C) using the **"Google Sheets"** or **"Excel"** action. This setup allows one automation to handle all clients dynamically.