• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

ClickUp Issue

hi,

With the ClickUp trigger Task Updated. The parent ID seems to be in a format that doesn't work with ClickUp.

Maybe the field is not what I think it is but I'll explain what I am trying to do.

I want to be able to update a Subtask in ClickUp which then performs an action on the parent task.

This is possible on other platforms like Intregromat.

A task ID looks like this: 1unf3yf

However, the field Pabbly gets from the subtask being updated is - History Items 0 Parent Id: 156678939

If you try and use that in a "find task from task ID" the error is:

Team not authorized
OAUTH_027

Is the Parent ID supposed to be a task ID? I really hope it is and can be fixed as it would be very valuable.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Dylan Halliday

The Id which you are trying to use is a task Id that would rather be required to find a task. Also, Parent Id wouldn't be acceptable to find a task.

Please briefly elaborate your query once, if you further feel any concern regarding your workflow.

unnamed.png

Hi Supreme,

I want the trigger to be "when a task in ClickUp is updated" that has actions on the parent task. I can't find a way to do this in Pabbly but I can do it in Integromat.

In Integromat, the below screenshot is achieved by watching for tasks that are updated. Then an action of get task from task ID which provides more details about the task then you can get from the original watch tasks trigger. From there, I can have an action that does anything in the parent task.

Snag_1750c30d.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Dylan Halliday

The Parent id which you are seeking for coming in the Trigger response on Pabbly as well. But when you update a subtask then you will get the parent Id instead of passing a task which you provide you a parent id.

unnamed.png

And the functionality is working the same on both platforms. Kindly try again by updating a subtask in your Clickup.