• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Connection to Thrivecart and Live versus Test modes

KatOak

I was wondering if someone could help me.
I have just started using Pabbly with Thrivecart.
I am trying to add a flow with a bump purchase.
I go through with Thrivecart and Pabbly in "test mode" it works perfectly.
When I switch both Thrivecart and Pabbly to "Live mode" it doesn't work until I do a live sale myself
🙁

I don't want to have to do a live sale for each of my products - can someone explain how to switch from test to live mode without needing to do a sale.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @KatOak

I don't want to have to do a live sale for each of my products - can someone explain how to switch from test to live mode without needing to do a sale.
If you are changing the mode type to "Live", then you have to re-capture the webhook response again by doing a real transaction from your Thivercart payment page. You cannot change the mode without making a real payment.

KatOak

Hey @KatOak

If you are changing the mode type to "Live", then you have to re-capture the webhook response again by doing a real transaction from your Thivercart payment page. You cannot change the mode without making a real payment.
That doesn't really make sense? So you are saying if someone has are really expensive product the only way that they can use pabbly is to pay for it themselves, therefore lose the payment costs, in order to connect things - that is the WHOLE POINT of the test mode in Thrive cart so you don't HAVE to pay yourself

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @KatOak
That doesn't really make sense? So you are saying if someone has are really expensive product the only way that they can use pabbly is to pay for it themselves, therefore lose the payment costs, in order to connect things - that is the WHOLE POINT of the test mode in Thrive cart so you don't HAVE to pay yourself

In terms to set up the Thrivecarts' trigger response in Live Mode, you have to make a real payment of a minimum value of $1. Since it needs to connect with the Trhrivecarts payment page to establish the connection.

KatOak

Hey @KatOak

In terms to set up the Thrivecarts' trigger response in Live Mode, you have to make a real payment of a minimum value of $1. Since it needs to connect with the Trhrivecarts payment page to establish the connection.
Sorry I still don't understand - the test mode in Thrivecart is a "real payment" with a "dummy" credit card that they provide.
Are you telling me that, that won't trigger in Pabbly?
Or
Should I make Thrive cart test mode and Pabble live? would that work when I make Thrive cart live?

Otherwise it sounds like I have to go through the hassle of making ALL my programs $1 do a live sale myself (hoping nobody else logs in to buy at the same time), then go back and change the prices again ....

Have you used Thrivecart before - do you understand the test and live on there - maybe I am confused as it is possible a different definition in Pabbly ....

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @KatOak

To set up the workflow with the Thrivecart trigger event, you have to capture the webhook response in Live Mode by making a real payment from your payment page of a least $1 once to connect with the Trhrivecarts payment page to establish the connection.

Making a dummy payment from an unreal card wouldn't establish a connection to the trigger from your Thrivecart.

And while making a dummy payment while test mode, it only captures the response with the dummy data not with the real one which wouldn't establish the connection. Further, setting up the workflow you only have to set the webhook response only once.

KatOak

Hey @KatOak

To set up the workflow with the Thrivecart trigger event, you have to capture the webhook response in Live Mode by making a real payment from your payment page of a least $1 once to connect with the Trhrivecarts payment page to establish the connection.

Making a dummy payment from an unreal card wouldn't establish a connection to the trigger from your Thrivecart.

And while making a dummy payment while test mode, it only captures the response with the dummy data not with the real one which wouldn't establish the connection. Further, setting up the workflow you only have to set the webhook response only once.
OK Thank you that is completely different from Zapier which treats the Test payment as a true payment.
It is a shame Pabbly doesn't follow the same process as it is a huge pain to have to go through with live payments and change prices etc.
Is there a way to get that as a change on the roadmap of Pabbly - I can't be the only one using Thrivecart

jonbstrong

Has this been addressed yet?
We should not have to make a live purchase to get an automation with Thrivecart working on Pabbly (Zapier doesn't require this).
After all, that's what the test mode is made for!!!

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Kindly create a proposal on the HelloNext https://pabbly.hellonext.co/ and upvote it so our technical team can create endpoints for you.

Please make sure that whatever updates with features you are required to update in the HelloNext so that our team will build those endpoints with the features needed for you.

jonbstrong

Does Pabbly not raise bugs internally in instances like this?
By placing the burden solely on the users, it makes us feel like unpaid quality & assurance testers...
It's one of the main reasons I don't recommend other people switching from Zapier, etc. as it takes up so much time doing things that customer support teams usually take care of!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @jonbstrong

Sorry to hear that but regarding your concern regarding bugs on the Pabbly platform. We understand how frustrating it can be when unexpected issues arise, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. But as we have implemented the API documentation of Thrivecart where they haven't mentioned anything to recapture the webhook response by not making a real-time payment. Being said that we have already noted this feature and passed it to our technical team.

At Pabbly, we take bug reports seriously and have an internal process for addressing them. We are continuously working to improve the platform's functionality and user experience, and we appreciate your feedback as it helps us identify areas for improvement.

Moreover, we understand that troubleshooting issues can take up a lot of your valuable time, and we apologize for any hindrance this has caused. We want to assure you that our customer support team is available to assist you with any issues you encounter while using the platform.