• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to assign a contact to multiple accounts in Zoho CRM?

manavmash

I am creating a contact that I want to assign to account/s, the field is a multi-select lookup field because of the nature of the business one contact can be associated with more than one account. When I am passing the account ID in the "Account Names" field, it's throwing an error, which can be seen in the attached screenshot. Is there a format in which the account ID needs to be in? If so what is the format? If pabbly connect doesn't yet support multi-select lookup fields, are there any workarounds? Thanks

Attachments

• chrome_gXDqKANqpg.png
    chrome_gXDqKANqpg.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 55

manavmash

Hi @manavmash,

Could you please state in which step you are encountering this error? I am unable to see an error in the workflow you shared.
Sure go to Router --> Create Contact
The 'Create Contact' block has a field name called "Account Names" which is the multi-select lookup field that is used to associate the contact to one or more accounts. Let me know if you need any more details.

Also, I had one question, I am new to this forum and pabbly connect and since you have access to my workflow, can you access all my connections to Zoho CRM and other such connections? And can you make changes to the workflow from your end and it will reflect in mine? If so is it safe to share workflow links on the forum? Just Curious.

Thank you for your reply.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
It is not possible to add more than one account name in the 'Account Names' field. Even if you enter or map more than one account name, Zoho will create a different account in the application and add the contact to that account, as it will consider it to be a new account name.

Also, I had one question, I am new to this forum and pabbly connect and since you have access to my workflow, can you access all my connections to Zoho CRM and other such connections?
We cannot access the connection with Zoho CRM or any other 3rd party application.

And can you make changes to the workflow from your end and it will reflect in mine? If so is it safe to share workflow links on the forum? Just Curious.
Yes, the Support Team has access to your workflow and can make the changes that will be reflected on your end. We don't make any changes to the workflow unless a user is stuck at a particular step or they request us to make changes. It is completely safe to share the workflow links, as no other members can access your workflow other than the support staff.

manavmash

It is not possible to add more than one account name in the 'Account Names' field. Even if you enter or map more than one account name, Zoho will create a different account in the application and add the contact to that account, as it will consider it to be a new account name.

We cannot access the connection with Zoho CRM or any other 3rd party application.

Yes, the Support Team has access to your workflow and can make the changes that will be reflected on your end. We don't make any changes to the workflow unless a user is stuck at a particular step or they request us to make changes. It is completely safe to share the workflow links, as no other members can access your workflow other than the support staff.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I understand, this is ultimately just simple data in JSON which needs to be fetched and associated in the format Zoho accepts. What is the EXACT reason why this cannot be achieved? I am asking because if it is not possible in Pabbly altogether please guide me to either another platform or a way in which I can achieve this using some automation. Because this is just one scenario, next I wanted to automatically fetch orders placed on Shopify and create a deal under that account in ZOHO CRM, but if this is not possible then my whole Shopify idea won't work too.

Anyways thank you for your reply.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
As mentioned before, it is not possible to add more than one account name in the 'Account Name' field of your 'Create Contact' step because Zoho's API doesn't support this feature. A contact can be associated with only a single account.

If you want to enter only one account name in the 'Account Name' field, you can certainly do so. However, adding more than one account name is not possible.