• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Pabbly Request timeout?

GerHalligan

Hi,

I have a task to sends a webhook to my site to create a PDF from customer data. This pdf process can take a bit of time, so I keep getting timeout emails from pabbly as it is waiting for a reply. Is there a way to set up a pabbly connect task, so that it isn't waiting for a reply, as the replies are not needed.

Thanks,
Ger

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @GerHalligan

It seems like the application that you are using in your workflow was unable to process your request in under 15 seconds and because of that as a response you get the "Response not received in 15 seconds".

Perhaps you might be calling/using the application extensively or the data which you are passing couldn't be processed by the application itself. So, kindly contact the application's support team for the same.

GerHalligan

Hi @Supreme,

Thanks for getting back to me.
The scenario that I'm using the pabbly task in is, a client purchases a policy on my wp site and a webhook is called from WP Webhooks Pro to pabbly. Pabbly then makes a call back to a php function on my website through another webhook. This function then starts the process of creating the PDF using the 2pdf plugin. The reason I did it like this is so the pdf is generated on another thread and doesn't hold up the client's session. Once the pdf is created, it triggers the notifications to be sent with the file attached.

I tried to use threading but I could never get it working, so this was my workaround.

So the pabbly task is just to call the php function that creates the pdf in wordpress. Most of the pdf applications have many pages with lots of customer data, so they nearly always take longer than the 15 second timeout set by pabbly, but the reply isn't needed, so I was hoping there was a way to set the pabbly task to not wait for a reply and to just complete?

Thanks,
Ger

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @GerHalligan

We cannot increase the response received time, since the majority of the application works under 15 seconds. Though if you are getting the "The application processed the request but returned a blank response. Refer to the HTTP status code above for details" message then you do not need to worry because it will process the task but since the application took the time it is showing the above message.

Though you can contact their support team for the same.

GerHalligan

OK, so it sounds like pabbly always has to wait for a response. It'd be handy, if there was a setting per workflow that you could change to let it know that a response isn't needed. I know it doesn't affect the code I'm running but it is a little annoying having all the execution reminder emails. Maybe something like this could be added down the line?

Thanks for your help @Supreme

Supreme

Staff member
The maximum allowed timeout in Pabbly is 15 seconds. Right now the 15 seconds is the soft limit that we output in the message.

We are currently giving everyone an additional cushion of 10 seconds on top of the 15 seconds soft limit for your APIs to respond. This gives a total of 25 seconds for your request to respond and execute.

If the response does not arrive in overall 25 seconds then we close the connection for that action step and output the response not received in 15 seconds message.

Check this thread for detailed explanation for this - https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/pa...rror-response-not-received-in-15-seconds.855/

GerHalligan

Thanks for the link @Supreme. I realise now that my execution was wrong.
I have now added the function to a cron job using the wp_schedule_single_event. This also means that I can call the code directly from WordPress and I don't need to use pabbly as a workaround.

wp_schedule_single_event( time(), 'create_pdf_cron_action', array($entry, $form_id, $templates, $send_notifications) );
spawn_cron(); //initiate a cron run

add_action( 'create_pdf_cron_action', 'create_new_pdf', 10, 4 );

function create_new_pdf( $entry, $form_id, $templates, $send_notifications) {
///code...
}