• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Understanding "Jira Service Management" --> Trigger Event (understanding more)

bryansu

Just want to understand more on this:

1) What is the purpose of all the trigger event (issued moved, deleted, transitioned, updated)? why i am asking this is because from what i understand, the condition of trigger is set in the jira side and not in pabbly. One the condition is meet in the jira, jira will trigger to post the ticket to pabbly. So, fopr pabbly whether there is an changes to the ticket in jira, pabbly wont be able to see it or detect it. Therefore, for Pabbly, its just purely receiving whatever data coming from jira side.

2) last night i set the trigger condition in jira to do a "POST" to pabbly when the following condition is meeting:
a) ticket is created
b) assignee column is filled

But however, pabbly is still receiving the ticket from jira despite condition (b) is meet. Do you know why?

1679977765787.png

Arshita

Staff member
The purpose of trigger events in Pabbly is to listen and receive data from Jira when certain conditions are met. You are correct that the conditions are set in Jira, but Pabbly allows you to choose which trigger events you want to receive data for. Pabbly will receive data from Jira when the conditions are met, and it can then perform actions based on that data.

But however, pabbly is still receiving the ticket from jira despite condition (b) is meet. Do you know why?
Could you please help me with the workflow URL in which you are getting this issue?

Do you know what i should use for the HTTP method?
Kindly use the Post in HTTP method and then try to recapture the response.

Please refer to the following related video tutorial for a better understanding:

bryansu

Hi,

Let talk about this first.

"The purpose of trigger events in Pabbly is to listen and receive data from Jira when certain conditions are met. You are correct that the conditions are set in Jira, but Pabbly allows you to choose which trigger events you want to receive data for. Pabbly will receive data from Jira when the conditions are met, and it can then perform actions based on that data."

Taking "Issued Updated" as an example. If i set the jira to detect changes on the "assignee" field and trigger the webhook, Pabbly will receive the ticket from jira together with its information. But how would pabbly know there is changes in the ticket when jira is just sending a copy of the ticket to pabbly? Pabbly will need to have 2 copy to do the comparison in order to notice the changes in the jira, right?

So how do i use this option "issue updated". Can u explain more, so i will be able to know how to use it. it sound very confusing to me.

Arshita

Staff member
Sure, let me explain it in more detail. When you set up the "issue updated" trigger in Pabbly, it creates a webhook URL that you will need to configure in Jira. This URL is unique to your Pabbly account and is what allows Pabbly to receive updates from Jira when a specific event occurs.

When Jira sends an update to Pabbly via the webhook URL, Pabbly will compare the updated data with the previously stored data for that ticket. If there are any changes in the updated data, Pabbly will be able to identify and process those changes.

So, if you set up the "issue updated" trigger to detect changes in the "assignee" field, and the assignee of a ticket is changed in Jira, Pabbly will receive the updated data via the webhook URL and will be able to identify that the assignee field has been updated.

I hope this explanation helps you understand how the "issue updated" trigger works. Let me know if you have any further questions.

bryansu

If i am using the "issue updated' function pabbly, so what should i configure in the jira side? what the details parameter in the jira. any example for me to refer to?

if i am using this function, how will pabbly about to identify which task in the click to do the update? jira has it own ticket id and clickup has it own ticket id. there is no linkage in any form between jira and clickup. I assume that in clickup, some how i need to incorporate the jira ticket id into the specific task in clickup, so that pabbly will be able to identify the relation and perform the update. this is just my assumption, correct me if i am wrong.

at this moment of time i am exploration to have the ticket closed in jira to be reflect to clickup, that is why i am asking this details.

Arshita

Staff member
Based on your inquiry, it seems that you are trying to use the "issue updated" function in Pabbly to update your tasks in Jira. You are wondering how to configure the Jira side and how Pabbly will identify which task to update.

To configure Jira to work with Pabbly, you will need to create an API token in Jira and use it to set up a connection between Pabbly and Jira. Once the connection is established, you can use the "issue updated" function in Pabbly to update your tasks in Jira.

Regarding the "details" parameter in Jira, this refers to the details of the update that you want to make to your task. For example, you may want to update the status, description, or priority of your task. You can specify the details of the update in the "details" parameter when you set up the "issue updated" function in Pabbly.

As for how Pabbly will identify which task to update, you are correct in your assumption that you will need to incorporate the Jira ticket ID into the specific task in ClickUp. This will enable Pabbly to identify the relation between the task in ClickUp and the corresponding issue in Jira.