• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Text formatting issue with Trello Card Description

GauravBR

I use trello to create my store's new order into trello cards.

I want to use quote option in Trello card description to differentiate information type which I can use by using > in first character of a line.
Other command is - for list and ### for Heading 3

I do pass value like > - ### Customer First and Last Name
it should be Heading 3 List within a quote/comment in trello description but it's not functioning because pabbly converts > character into >

Attached screenshot - One from Zapier & Another one from Pabbly.

Attachments

• zapier.png
    zapier.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Pabbly.png
    Pabbly.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 68

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @GauravBR

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have checked over your concern and the solution is to use such character in Trello, you might have to use it inside the HTML tags.

Because Trello allows us to write the content and the special characters in HTML only.

For example -

Sample Content inside the HTML tags.

2021-05-31_15h27_52.png

Trello Card -

2021-05-31_15h28_15.png

You can also take help of plain text to HTML text converter here - https://wordtohtml.net/

Please try this at your end and let us know if that works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

GauravBR

That's strange. I am using Zapier and Trello Description uses Markdown format https://help.trello.com/article/821-using-markdown-in-trello )

Moreover, Passing information in html seems bit different and difficult to me compared to trello's native format. I need frequent editing in information trello card and when I supply description in html (I haven't tried though) it may cause a lot of errors.

Here's simple way I use to format my card description

Heading
# Heading 1
## Heading 2
### Heading 3
#### Heading 4

** Bold **
~ Code ~
> Quote
- List

Zapier simply allows this format to pass and surprisingly Trello also accepts same. I guess it has something to do with unicode?

1622547390031.png

Attachments

• 1622547452203.png
    1622547452203.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @GauravBR
That's strange. I am using Zapier and Trello Description uses Markdown format https://help.trello.com/article/821-using-markdown-in-trello )

Moreover, Passing information in html seems bit different and difficult to me compared to trello's native format. I need frequent editing in information trello card and when I supply description in html (I haven't tried though) it may cause a lot of errors.

Here's simple way I use to format my card description

Heading
# Heading 1
## Heading 2
### Heading 3
#### Heading 4

** Bold **
~ Code ~
> Quote
- List

Zapier simply allows this format to pass and surprisingly Trello also accepts same. I guess it has something to do with unicode?

1622547390031.png

1622547452203.png
We completely understand your concern, but as of now we can only provide you formatting in HTML to use such characters -(",{} etc) and new lines without grabbing the "<br>" tags. Using Markdown and HTML both might cause the distortion in creating hassle-free descriptions in cards.

Although we are in contact with Trello to upgrade such features on our platform for better integrations. Thanks for your understanding!