• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Tips for automating calendar entry with Daylight Savings changes

wibbler

We have a workflow that adds bookings to Google Calendar. These bookings can be either side of the Daylight Savings changes.

Therefore, if the booking is submitted in a time without Daylight Savings, but the booking date is at a time with Daylight Savings, the time entered in the calendar i s wrong by one hour.

I've thought of setting a router up to specify the dates of Daylight Savings changeover and modify the date accordingly, but is there a better solution?

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @wibbler

Google Calendar supports Daylight Savings. If you book any appointment via Google Calendar without daylight saving then it will automatically adjust itself in the daylight saving zone. You can try and test this scenario by making any bookings now and then verify it in Google Calendar for the daylight saving zone.

Thanks
Kunal

wibbler

I've already tested, and that's how I worked out what the issue was. The time in Pabbly is one hour different from the resulting Google Calendar entry when in a different Daylight Savings zone. Should we include Z in our time formatting, or just send as UTC?

Last edited:
P

PabblyMember4

Hey @wibbler

Could you please share the workflow name where you have done testing? Kindly share the details for checking it.

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @wibbler

Kindly note that there will be no effect of daylight savings when you are capturing time in the UTC timezone and in Pabbly we support UTC timezone for all our calculations.

You can include Add/Subtract time action from the Date/Time formatter and add or subtract time by 1 hour as you want to show up in the Google Calendar. Kindly let us know if you have any questions or comments.

wibbler

Just wanted to revisit this issue.
If you book any appointment via Google Calendar without daylight saving then it will automatically adjust itself in the daylight saving zone
Kindly note that there will be no effect of daylight savings when you are capturing time in the UTC timezone and in Pabbly we support UTC timezone for all our calculations.
These two statements don't seem to match. If we capture the event in UTC, will Google Calendar still automatically adjust itself like your first comments says, or do we have to Add/Subtract time like your second comment suggests?

Should we be capturing the timezone (Z) in Pabbly or ignore it?

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @wibbler

Kindly capture the timezone in Pabbly and then test the scenario. Please let me know the results.